April 2017 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by rarity, Sep 4, 2016.

1. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

These r the things i have packed in my hospital bag.
    Me:
    2 nighties
    Lingerie
    Personal grooming kit (mouisturiser, Tooth brush, Tooth paste, toilet roll, Hand wash, wet tissue etc)
    Sanitary pads
    Nipple shield
    One blanket for the person who will b with me in hospital
    One dress for returning home.
    My wallet( just in case)
    File of all of my precription n records n reports)

For baby
    Two rompers
    One cap
    5 6 multipurpose muslin cloths
    Few reusable baby diapers
    Few disposable diapers
    Baby blanket
    Baby powder n wet tissue
    N one cute baby brush
    Not sure i will use all those stuff.

Prishaa likes this.
  2. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Do you have someone coming to help you after your c section? or DH taking some leave?
    for bathing, dont bother for first few days, just use warm water sponge for the baby for first 3 or 4 days, for first bath, take help of your DH (if no elder is coming), in the bathroom- your DH can carry baby in his lap and gently pour warm water on baby, careful not on mouth, pat dry and put some talc (or use special agarbatti ) around him..thats about it...dont give him daily baths unless its v hot, I would be OK with no bath first week (sponge), 2 times next week, and then every 2 days thereafter for next 2 weeks...you should be fine after 4 weeks of C section (uncomplicated)....messages should be started after the baby is 21 days old at least and that too gently...google a lot of videos on how to....do it now and make notes so that you and DH have a knowledge about it beforehand....

body wash- use Aveeno or california/honest infant body wash but for newborn/1 month baby do not use any soap....

Diaper rash cream- buy "Triple paste" rash cream from amazon its the BEST (destin did not work for us)...
    body cream -(aveeno..you can checkout target baby section, they have nice fragrance free chemical free stuff)...

before bringing baby home-- most imp things are- a first aid box (safety first), a co-sleeper and/or pack and play...lots of cloth diapers are needed if you are planning not to use newborn diapers....OR different brands newborn diapers for first few weeks...(for us pampers gave a lot of rash to our baby, huggies worked for ur..it was reverse for some of our friends..."Honest" brand was good also but its bit costly..), WIPES, diaper bag, thermometer (best if you buy temporal / forehead, costco has a good one last weekend, check amazon), select ped and make an appointment at 1 week, breast pads, breast pump (optional), Humidifier, baby bedding all set with lullaby toys....

hope it helps!

3. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Thanks @deepideepi and @Meet9 .
    My in laws are coming to help with my delivery but my mil is not fit enough to help with baby bathing n taking care of baby alone. Though they are coming this month end. I have to be ready with everything beforehand. I cant expect them to go shopping with my husband when there is any emergency.
    I will note down everything you guys said n buy accordingly.

4. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

From your post I understand, your MIL at least can help in kitchen- so she can cook meals for the first 2 to 3 weeks, after your delivery..she can take care of your older kid, and feed him/her....the baby bathing is not much of a big concern, as i mentioned first week just sponger bath your DH can give, and next week, you can easily walk to the bathroom and your DH can sit on bathtub and gently introduce your newborn to warm water bath..2 times / week..by third week you would feel better..but still cannot hold baby and bath him/her simultaneously, your DH should help up until 5 to 6 weeks when your doctors OKs you to hold the baby...you still cannot hold baby and walk in the nights to make newborn sleep..for the rest of the duties, you can take your MIL help.....i hope she is really going to help you in other ways....

5. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies hope all r doing well. Yesterday was my routine check up. Now I'm in to my 34 week. Everything going good. Baby weight is 2.350. My due date is 24 April.

6. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Saturday i went to doctor for scanning n regular check up. Doctor told that baby head is too big so she will try for vaginal delivery first n if some complication happens then she will go for c-section. My first delivery was normal. I m so scared to go for vaginal delivery for large head baby. As there may be too many complications for me n baby both. I researched n found that there will be chances of collor bone fracture. Shoulder fracture n other many complication for large baby to be deliver through vagina. For mother also there will be chances of tearing too much muscles till tail bone.

I m thinking to ask doctor to fixed a date n go for c- section directly. Why to bear double pain n make risk for baby too. What do you guys think?

Prishaa likes this.
  7. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

@deepideepi ,
    I am not sure about normal delivery for big baby. But I have heard somewhere that doctors will cut open little so that it will easy for baby to glide( I am not sure, I just heard). My first delivery is c section, so no idea about normal delivery.

8. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

My first baby was only 2.25 kg, for that also doctor cut down there. This baby is too big i don't know how much they will cut or have to go for c-section

9. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Deepideepi- 4 April
    Meet - 22 April
    Mery - 24 April
    Rach -30 April
    Deepthi -2 May

10. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

i m planning to pack hospital bag in 36 weeks, feel exhausted most of the time. Doctor has asked me to walk daily for 1 hr ( half an hr morning, half an hr evening), but m not regular due to leg cramps. What are u all doing for leg / back cramps? i was regular in first pregnancy, but this one is very difficult for me :(. Has anyone got Vit D levels checked anytime during pregnancy? My gyno prescribed it when i complained of cramps and i m found deficient. i hope this test is not mandatory in india