April 2016 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by anjalisingh152, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Beenarajvinod

Beenarajvinod New IL'ite

Hi ramya
    Thank u for the reply. Yes I have planned to talk to the doctor during my 8 th month.
    That seems to be appropriate.

1 person likes this.
  2. wisha

wisha Senior IL'ite

thanks Vasu! how are you and lil one?

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Wisha,
    We are good.
    Happy birthday to your LO! :) (Hope the ticker tells the right info!)

4. anjalisingh152

anjalisingh152 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Can u tell me what is Epidural ?

5. Beenarajvinod

Beenarajvinod New IL'ite

Epidural anesthesia is the most popular method of pain relief during labour. It is given to the spine and helps in great pain relief.

6. ssrgopal

ssrgopal Silver IL'ite

Ladies,
    Anyone here is diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes?
    If so, can you please share the diet plan?

7. anjalisingh152

anjalisingh152 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

From last 3-4 days I can see swelling in my legs ankle area and it pains badly by the night time. Please suggest me what to do.

8. chandravathi701

chandravathi701 Senior IL'ite

Hi all , happy to join this club .I was abroad until my 8 months of pregnancy and just back home. I get very little help and hope I will manage. My doc found my HB is low 10.1 which should be 11.5 -16.5 and prescribed to start ferium IV drips every week until delivery . Also I am diabetic and I am asked to be on strict diet and excercise . Finding very difficult to manage diabetic diet and manage weight . I am feeling a bit low and worried about the baby . What diet is good for me ? Sometimes I am very tired to go for a walk.. Please help me xx

9. ssrgopal

ssrgopal Silver IL'ite

Hi Chandravati,
    Dont worry, I also have diabetes now. Just ensure you get a balanced diet and a 30 mins moderate exercise daily, to keep the sugar in control. You are almost there, just 2 more months of sacrifice.

My Diet:

8.00 AM - 2 Dosa/ 2 Chapathi / 2 small cups pongal with chutney or veg kuruma followed by simple 10-15 mins walk within the house.
    10.30 AM - Low fat milk + cucumber
    12.30 AM - 2 chapathi or one cup rice with veg kuruma/ palak paneer/tofu and 2 big spoons of low fat yogurt followed by simple 10-15 mins walk within the house.
    2.30 PM - 1 fruit
    4.30 PM- fruit or low fat milk along with 10 almonds/ nuts
    7.30 PM - 2 chapathi with some side dish
    10.00 PM - low fat milk OR any fruit

I don't know what is wrong with my dinner, most of the times my sugar level goes to 140 to 175 if I eat dosa or rice related items for dinner. So pls check on that. I mostly take veg kuruma with lot of veggies (carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower, tofu.. no potatato) or something made with palak as it controls my cravings and hunger. Try to follow this and see. Even if you eat extra ensure you go for a extra 20 mins walk within the house. But control during dinner, drink a lot of water to stop the cravings. First 2 days it is difficult, then you will get used with it.

Personally, I experienced a lot of heartburn, heaviness and tiredness before I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. After diet control and small exercises, I am happily relieved from all and weight is also in control now. It has its own advantages. so Cheer up!!!

10. chandravathi701

chandravathi701 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ssrgopal thank you so much for your reply , this gives me hope and confidence . Doc has started with 6 units of insulin and Metformin 2000mg per day . My gynaecologist says as I have GDM c sec is the only option is to deliver the baby before 38 weeks max to avoid fetal death as most of the cases face this :( quite scary for me . Sure I will follow the diet and excercise.

For dinner you can try some protein rich diet so that your sugars don't shoot up . Try sprouts / chick pea etc so that it will help you .