1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Appu and her adventure with her creepy crawlie friends!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vittala, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Never did I think even in my dreams that, a lizard would finally take its vengeance on me.:hide: Right from the time I read an article where a bull gored an old man to death, I have been cautious enough in treating these creepy crawlies with duo respect which at times, I fail to give even to my mum.
    In spite of all that, I still ponder as to what made that lizard take such a decision. :idontgetit:
    Many of you who know me here would know of how friendly I’m when it comes to these crawlies especially. I am not ashamed to confess that I am not particularly fond of lizards though I have healthy respect for them.
    For those who don’t really know of my affinity levels towards them, can have a quick glance here.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/175888-appu-and-creepy-crawlie-friends.html
    Well, I can hear you ask what now??
    I have read that fear when allowed to take charge, manifests itself into reality. I guess that is what happened in my case too. How else could I relate to what happened yesterday?
    I was in high spirits to go for shopping :boo:and went to take bath and get ready. I was in my own world dreaming of what all I would shop and totally forgot to ask my sister to do a pre check in the bathroom. As I entered singing “It’s been so long that I haven’t seen your face by Akon”, I don’t know where from this lizard came and jumped off the roof and in the speck of that moment, I got into the bucket filled with water and all I could remember was that baaanng sound!:frown:
    It took me few minutes to pull myself up and realize what had happened. The bucket couldn’t hold my weight and I fell down with my knees hitting the tap and have hurt myself badly. How do you think a bucket can manage your weight? Is this not what crossed your mind? My brain that works occasionally stopped functioning when it saw the lizard! No time for logical thinking, you see! :exactly:
    More than the wound, more than the disappointment of not able to go for the much awaited shopping, what really broke my heart was when I saw the lizard it was wagging its tail as if to say “Hurray, Success, I have executed the long pending task of punishing this girl and teaching her a lesson” to its friends outside of my bathroom glass pane! Harhar
    I learnt my lesson the hard way from these uncouth creatures and I’m hoping that I would never be cornered again as I have vowed to them mentally that I would never even attempt or think of shooing them away with any of my techniques and that I would not even sing in bathroom if only that is going to be a disturbance to them! :hide:

Appu

5 people like this.

2. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Haha Vittala after a very long time.......
    So sad that you could not go for shopping :)
    Why are lizards after you dear?
    I think they like you very much......
    Take care of yourself, cheer up and go for your shopping the coming weekend....

1 person likes this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Vittala,

That was a hilarious post.....

:hide:

I find this awfully amusing....

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  4. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Savvyheal,
    Thank you so much for your FB. Looking forward to be careful while planning for shopping especially :)

Love,
    Appu

5. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhavna,
    Thank you so much for your FB

Love,
    Appu

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hellooo....who's thisss......Appuuuu after a lonnnng tiiimeee............:):)
    How have you been dear....?
    Missed you here ......
    Wah re wah......what an experience................!!!...and what a narration......!.....Loved it.....!:thumbsup
    I was reminded of a Vadivelu Comedy sequence....where he had to pay back for all the violence he did to animals.......:rotfl:rotfl:hide:

2 people like this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Vittala that lizard missed the chance to enjoy your music.you keep on singing .very hilarious post.

1 person likes this.
  8. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

My Dear Sis,
    I'm good. How are you dear?
    Thanks for your FB. I too was reminded of the the Vadivelu comedy sequence that you have mentioned:rotfl:bonk

Love,
    Appu

9. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Periamma,
    Thanks for your FB and your kind words to say that the lizard missed the chance. :)

Love,
    Appu

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Appu,

Thank you for this hilarious post. :) Lizards always choose to run in a wrong direction whenever we try to shoo them. It looks like they have communication gap with us. They don't take instructions well. I am so sorry to hear that you hurt yourself and lost an opportunity to shop all because of a lizard. If you believe in Karma theory, the next time when that lizard puts it's tongue out to get an insect, the insect will run away.

I am so happy to note that despite all pain and suffering, you call those crawlies as your friends. You have a big heart and I am pretty sure sooner than later, they will understand your great heart, walk away, hide and listen only to your singing.

I hope you enjoy your shopping soon.

Viswa

2 people like this.