Appropriate Age To Enrol Child For Abacus

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Shivani2009, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Anushka75

Anushka75 Senior IL'ite

HI Shivani,

I had also enquired for my son last year at UCMAS but they said he was too young (4 yrs).

My niece in India- has been going for Abacus from the age of 5 yrs and she has been doing excellent !!!

I guess rather than the age it depends on the teacher as well as the child!!!

this is the UCMAS No in dubai-04-3933466

Cheers,
    Anushka

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Thanks Anushaka for sharing the contact details ..
    Somehow feel that my elder daughter is too big to go for the same course now ...
    Still in Dilemma !!

Cheers

3. RituM

RituM New IL'ite

Hi Shivani,
    Just saw your thread here. My son too is going for Abacus to Rinki whose details have been given to you here. He has completed 3rd term here. She is quite good. If I were in your place I would go and meet one of these teachers and question them about my concerns. And if still doubtful would enrol for a term and check how it goes....Its just once a week and for my son its improved his mathematics to quite and extent.

4. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nimki,

Have u completed ur 50 posts? if yes them pm me ur details coz i cant share personal info of ppl like tel nos on this website. but the location of the class is behind centrepoint in bur dubai / behind burjuman whatever u call it n its opp al baha apts easily traceabale. Lemme know if u need more info.

Regards,
    Sonu

5. Shivani2009

Hey Sonu !!

How are you ? Long time since we touched base !! How'z your health ? Did you go to Welcare again or is there any other Dr are you seeing now ?

Im Sure your Elder one would be jumping with joy !!

Lets stay in touch !!

Cheers

6. Shivani2009

Ritu
    Guess you are right to speak and get to know directly from the horses mouth.
    Guess in one of these days , will go and check . I have heard trom a frnd , that thers another Insitute coming up near Burjuman ... Are ya guys aware of the same ?

7. GracyB

GracyB New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am also just new to indusladies and found it quite interesting. Very valuable information is shared and well quite informative.

the reason is stumbled across this site was due to the need to put my two boys 5 and 6 for Abacus classes in dubai and well we have two institues in mind... brain o brain and ucmas. Pls can anyone help and asist to provide any information. I also came across a post regarding a lady Rinkey conducting classes. Also if you could share some information on her it would be great.... PLEASE HELP

tHANKS
    gRACE

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    My son has completed all the levels in UCMAS. It was a great experience by itself.
    Having said that, I would like to add that it did not help much academically. Once you are out of practice, you go back to ZERO base.
    There is a UCMAs branch in Karama near Fish Market, which used to be very good.

Regards
    USHA

9. kirangehani

kirangehani New IL'ite

hi there,

I'm new to IL. i want to know more about Rinki in Liwa apartments. could you pass me her details as i wish to enrol my son for abacus.

thanks,.

10. RajashreeW

RajashreeW New IL'ite

Dear All,
    If you are seriously interested in enrolling your child for a whole brain development program such as Abacus, you should go to the right academy for the same. This is just as important as how you select the right school for your children for their academic education. SIP Academy International is a pioneer in Abacus n Wholebrain learning and has been awarded the Worlds best Abacus Academy by Super Brand.
    You can find out more by visiting www.sipacademyuae.com which has many centers in UAE. Find out the one nearest to you. Age group must be 5-9 years to start this program but its also dependent on the child.
    Rgds
    RW