Appropriate Age To Enrol Child For Abacus

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Shivani2009, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi All

I wish to know the right age to enrol child for the Abacus !!:bowdown
    Though my kid is 9 year old , and since im keen to enrol her for the same , at the same time , double minded bonk, as the course would commence from the Basic :spin .

Which Insititue is recommended for the same which offer Transportation as well .. :coffee

Has anyone enrol their elder kids for the same ... Suggestions and Feedback would be higly Appreciated .. :help

Regards

2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi shivani,

i had contacted UCMAS dubai couple of months ago.

They have new batches from basic and every level is for 3 months. I do not have the number with me , but try and google UCMAS, dubai and may be you can get some infm. meanwhile, if i am able to get the no. shall let you know.

However, 3 out of 5 friends told me that the child has to practise too much and after some time they lose interest.

Its just 2 hours weekly and here it happens in karama and burdubai.

more later,

3. Shivani2009

Thanks Oosha , for the information shared .. Look forward to hear from you soon to decide on the same !!

Regards
    Shivani

4. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shivani,

I think any time is a gud time if ur kid is ready....I have many friends who have pushed their children in an earlier age n are now regretting as the kids have developed a hatred for the course.

i think 7 to 8 is a sensible age n trust me 9 is even better..........I have put my son in the A++ class by rinkey in liwa apts bur dubai......she is an excellent lady...........with kids n also with her knowledge in the subject she is teaching (abacus) if u wish cud leave her deatails with u.

chao
    sonu

5. Shivani2009

Hi Sonu

Thanks for sharing info , This is exactly what i was wanting to hear, as Couple of my friends have enrolled their kids for the course around the same age as my daughter , but since their kids are new to the course, they are yet to ascertain the Pros and Cons of the same .. Im of the understanding that Abacus as a course is generally to get over by age 12 ..

It will certainly do me good if you could pass on the details of the lady so that i could speak to her .. How do you manage to send your kid from your place to her?? Is there any transportation available or you drop yourself and what is the Fee Structure ?

Look forward to hear from you !

Shivani

6. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shivani

I have PM u the details, n as for my son i drop him in the class n kill 2 hrs by going to spinneys or centrepoint or just go to appearance parlour n get a oil treatment done....

Cheers
    sonu

7. dipti07

dipti07 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sonu,

What does this A++ class teach? Is it just abacus or they teach sumthing additional. My friends son goes to some class which teaches abacus along with personality development etc. Is this similar one?

Cheers, Dipti

8. Shivani2009

Hi Sonu

Thanks !! I have noted the details of the lady and will contact her ..
    Is your son part of the course fo long ?? What Exactly is A++ ??

Shivani

9. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shivani n Dipti,

Well Aan is just begun his level 2, the course as such does not have any personality development but the teacher Rinkey is a fabulous teacher, she is doing all of this as a part of the development of the child which is also helping the kids to get more confident in their personality.

The course can be the same in all but its the teacher that counts, n she is fantastic in her job.

Cheers
    Sonu

10. thomasna

thomasna New IL'ite

Hi Sonu,
    I was searching for an Abacus classes and when I googled I found this thread in Indusladies. Appreciate if you could give me the contact details of Rinkey in Liwa apts. I am a new user of Indusladies so not very familiar how it works.Please help if possible.

Regard's
    Nimki