1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Applying for an Indian Passport by Government Employee

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by MuhilNeel, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MuhilNeel

MuhilNeel Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Currently I'm residing in US and since I'm pregnant, I want my parents to come here.My mom is a Government Employee.It seems that, if she needs to apply for an Indian Passport, she needs the proper documents that states the reason why she needs to visit USA.what are all the documents that i need and whom should I approach for it? Can I get the needed information from the hospital office or should I ask my gynecologist? Kindly help me friends.

2. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Congratulations for your pregnancy.

Since your mom is a government employee, she needs to apply for No Objection certificate (NOC) from the government in a prescribed format through the office in which she is working now. Generally it takes few weeks to many months to get it. So one need to follow the movement of the files very closely to get NOC on time. By the time she can go through the website
    http://www.passportindia.gov.in/ and prepare all the necessary documents ready for applying for the passport.

You can get a letter from your doctor stating that you are pregnant and your due date. That should be produced while appearing for passport interview. In my own experience getting the NOC from Tamil Nadu government was the toughest one.

Good luck

Ganthi

3. MuhilNeel

MuhilNeel Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your detailed explanation sister.....Hope my mom would get the passport soon....

4. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Regarding passport application I am not sure if reason for visit is required. For visa purposes they do require the reason for visit. However, past experiences have shown that if u say that ur going coz ur daughter/daughter-in-law is pregnant, they many a times reject the visa since they believe that ur calling them as a nanny which can be done in US daycare etc. Better to call them on tourist visa mentioning that u want to call them for sightseeing.

5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

hey please don't tell them that ur parents are coming here for ur delivery..as the previous post stated there are so many rejections for this..because US people think that this is unnecessary travel as they have all facilities here and everyone here managing their pregnancy on their own...

6. MuhilNeel

MuhilNeel Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the valuable advice and the suggestions superwoman09 and SubhaGanesh.....Since she is currently in the Government Service, she needs the proper reason for applying the passport.She is in need of the proper documents that specify the need for her visit.Once again, thank you all for letting me know that the specifying Pregnancy help as a reason for visit would lead to visa rejection.