1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

appliances for cooking baby food in hotel room

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sanjuruby3, May 19, 2015.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Finally we are going out on vacation with 10+ mon old. Since she is on solids, I have to plan her food throughout trip and its for three days, I do not want to feed her canned/prepackaged purees all the time.

I am planning to take mashable fruits - bananas, avocados, oranges but we have 3 days x 3 times. I need to find a way to get food cooked and I would need hot water ( for FF, cereals, bottle cleaning, milk boil if possible etc)

She still eats moist/lumpy foods and purees and can not chew on - mashed blueberries, peas etc.

I know its sounds like whole kitchen. I could not get hotel with kitchenette so thinking to buy some appliance

-not super expensive, light ( small quantity)
    -multi-purpse appliance that can be used for her cooking & boiling water for formula, bottles cleaning
    -do not want much plastic/teflon for her.

I looked at various options but I am confused & want suggestions and experiences for cooking & travelling with baby.

1. rice cooker - cheap (do not own one), Will it boil water? Cook khichadi/cereals?
    2. electric pressure cooker - looks good/useful but expensive>100$, big size
    3. convection stove - reasonable price
    4. Hot plate - reasonable price
    3/4 are burners and I can do pretty much everything but so many pieces - utensils need to take for cooking. :-(

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame