Apple iPad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nileshwa, Feb 7, 2011.

1. nileshwa

nileshwa New IL'ite

Some good information about Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab

The iPad needed a nemesis, and this month Samsung offers up the first credible one.
    To some, the Galaxy Tab is a compact — or just too small — iPad wannabe; to others, it's a stretched-out version of the popular Galaxy S Android phone, minus the ability to make calls. But to Steve Jobs, it should be a flaming arrow in the iPad's thatched roof. One little fire may be easy for Apple to douse, but it's the first of many arrows. Things are gonna burn.

The info on Samsung's Galaxy Tab is trickling in slowly but surely. Aside from its 7-inch display, we now know that the Galaxy Tab will feature a front-facing camera for video chatting and will run Android 2.2, the most recent edition of Google's mobile operating system.

Tablets are different
    To better understand why the Galaxy Tab is a contender, it's important to seize on the things you actually do with a tablet, that you wouldn't do with a smart phone. An iPad has a surface area that makes it conducive to reading, to playing games, to watching movies and to making you interact with your fingers in a way that goes beyond the staccato chicken pecks of a 3.5-inch smart phone's screen.
    In fact, the Galaxy's screen has about three times the surface area of most smart phones, including the iPhone. In this sense, even though it runs mostly the same apps as the Evo, the Droid, the MyTouch and others, the Galaxy Tab is a tablet — it's imperative that you feel like you can do more with it.
    The iPad of course is much larger, and clad in aluminum, it weighs slightly more. Most importantly, that 3-inch difference in diagonal screen size actually means that the iPad has twice the touch surface. If Galaxy Tab is a tablet, iPad is still the tablet.

Regards
    Nilesh

Attached Files:

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Nilesh

Thanks for the post.

Currently I'm using a smartphone(no, not Samsung's) and looking into buying a tablet. Will wait for Samsung's and see how it goes. The bluetooth and camera...seems to be attractive features, that is, if you are willing to oversee the smaller screen size that IPad. But then Jobs may have some improvised version of IPad...under construction. Who knows:drowning

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  3. nileshwa

nileshwa New IL'ite

Hi Abhising

Welcome

Regards
    Nilesh

4. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I have been using the iPad for 9 months now and absolutely love it. Would like to try one of the displays of the other tablet to FEEL the difference
    The only negative point I feel with my iPad is no camera.

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

[​IMG][​IMG]

(Leaked photo of iPad 2 above, source: Google)

The iPad 2 will be available day after tomorrow, 2nd of March, ofcourse with dual (front/rear facing) cameras and all the other features improvised that the first version. Thank God I didnt get the iPad so far, although much tempted.:crazy. Will look out for the new one and the others in the market like Xoom/Galaxy Tab 10.1 (runs android version 3.0) and possibly an iPad3, end of 2011... and who knows...its time get one!