Appetite Loss

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Anusha2917, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant. First few weeks were very normal I didn't have any symptoms except a few days of vomiting . After that two weeks I was extremely hungry and used to eat more than my usual quantity . I enjoyed that period. But last one week I'm not able to eat much food. I'm able to cook whatever I feel like but when I sit to eat I'm not enjoying the food and somehow I'm taking little quantity only in order not to starve.
    How to work and improve on my appetite.? Will it affect my pregnancy?
    To keep myself active I go for 30 Mins walk and do yoga /pranayama alternate days.
    Water intake I'm able to maintain. Fruits I am able to eat.
    Any inputs would help .

Thanks,
    Anusha

2. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Dear Anusha2917,
    Congratulations on your Pregnancy ☺️
    Dont worry...First 2 to 3 months there will be a loss in appetite and you will feel hungry in the later stage of pregnancy.
    As of now you can Have a cup of oats and apple,try including dry fruits in your diet like almonds and walnuts.
    Drink plenty of water and be hydrated.
    Include fruits in your diet.
    Also if you are not able to have your food in one go start the eating little by little at regular intervals.eat what you like and what what prefer..I remember eating only veg pulav and tomato rice during the first 3 months as I had nausea and I used to hate everything except these 2

Take care of your health

Anusha2917 likes this.
  3. Anusha2917

Thank you. Yes I'm trying to eat little by little. Sometimes it gets me worried am I eating enough.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anusha, I had severe morning sickness with both pregnancies that lasted until week 15/16. I couldn't keep anything down and survived on bread and water. I lost about 3-4 lbs in the first trimester both times. My doctor was not at all concerned. It is fairly common and won't affect the baby. Your baby is as big as a grape right now so whatever you are eating is for your sake alone. : ) Check in with your doctor, stay hydrated, take your prenatal multivitamins and eat what you can when you can. Your appetite will return by the end of the first trimester. Take care!

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. Anusha2917

Thank you for the assurance that this is normal. My doctor is the same. He is not concerned. He says as long as you are okay little uneasiness is absolutely fine :)