1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apartments in Cherry Hill, close to Woodcrest Rd

Discussion in 'Indians in Cherry Hill' started by shrutidunwoody, Oct 29, 2014.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I would like to know about the Cherry Hill area. My hubby's office would likely be near the Woodcrest Rd zip 08003. Are there any good apartments close to this location ? Also what is the approx rental per month ? In terms of transportation, how is this area? Is there any public transport available to commute for the initial few days until we get settled and have a vehicle. It would be really helpful to get your inputs and hoping to hear back.

Thanks
    Shruthi

2. kannadapreme

kannadapreme Junior IL'ite

Hi shruthi,
    we just moved to VOOrhees in cherry hill 3 months back,which is 3miles from woodcrest .I wil try to help u with whatever little information I know,there is one apatment near woodcrest Burntmill apartment ,but my DH said that apartment is not so good..but indian shop and indian beauty palour is nearby..,school district VOOrhees is gd ,there r many apartment in voorhees with indian community like Echelon glen apartment and village apartment rent ranges from 950 1bh to 1150 2 BHK .i do not have much information about transportation ,I see buses running on roads but not sure ...Hope this helps...
    Regards
    jamuna

3. shrutidunwoody

Hi Jamuna

Thanks for ur prompt reply....Actually we were in atlanta (usa) for 10 yrs then we moved here in singapore.We are relocating back to usa and my hubby has got a job offer in the cherry hill area(close to woodcrest rd).We have a 4 yr old son...

Out of the two apts u suggested,which is a good one with indian community? Iniatially we wud like to go for a 1 bedroom apt until we get settled...which are the good apts that are tied to this voorhees schooling district and that have indian community...Is the indian grocery store nearby?also if u have any info,if there is any bus service operating in this area plz let us know,coz intially we wont have a car...

Thanks v much...and hoping to have ur reply

Regards
    Shruthi

4. flysauc

flysauc Gold IL'ite

Public transportation is not good in South jersey, so you pretty much have to be on your own . Cherry hill has few Apts like The grand , The highlands of Cherry hill and so on . You can google and find it on Apartment / Rent .com .

Cherry hill has very good school district and usually the rents run from 1100 - 1400 $ for a 2 bhk apt, The grand is a multi stroked apt and has huge indian population . Cherry hill as such has a good indian population with indian stores and many Departmental/ grocery stores .

5. kannadapreme

Hi Shruthi,
    I live in Echelon apartment which is gd,lot of indian families live in this apartment and it comes under VOOrhees school district.indian grocery Subzi Mandi is 3miles from apartment .public transportation I didnot use ,so I donot know much about it ,but as I said before I see buses running on the road and there r few bustops..As u said u were in USA ,u guys should hv license ,u can rent a car which is more convenient than depending on public transportation.which company ur DH got job?

6. shrutidunwoody

Hi Jamuna,
    Since we left US in 2012 and moved to SG, my hubby's drivers license has expired. It expired recently in Sept 2014. And I don't think an expired license can be renewed in NJ. Probably have to give the knowledge and driving test all over again to get a NJ license. All that will take quite some time, hence we are looking for an apartment that is connected by the NJ transit bus service. What is the approx rent in Echeon Glen ? also for a family of 3 do they allow to rent a 1 bedroom apartment ?

7. kannadapreme

Hi shruthi,
    We r paying 1150 for 2 bedroom in Echelon Glen apartment ,for single bedroom room 950 it seems .I think they wil agree for 3 people in 1BHK,my neighbour is living in 1Bh with his daughter,so it shouldn't be a problem.Goodluck

8. shrutidunwoody

hi Jamuna,
    thanks for your response. need some more inputs which can help us in making a decision. is public shops/grocery like walmart, etc. within walkable distance from this complex i.e. echelon glen ? also in terms of maintenance how is this complex ? and how far is this complex from the Voorhees Town Center (since I heard that bus # 451 operates to the Woodcrest Rd from here).

Thanks
    Shruthi

9. kannadapreme

Hi Shruthi,
    Echelon glen has new thts on east and old apartments on west ,if u r planning for echelon glen ,try to get new apartment thts on east side,maintainence is gd so far ... Target is walkable distance but Walmart is little far may be 3-5 miles ,even Indian store Desi bazar is just 1 mile ,VOOrhees town centre is very near to the apartment 10- min walk.
    gd luck
    jamuna

10. shrutidunwoody

Hi Jamuna,
    Thanks a lot for this information. You have been a great help. It's good to know that there's grocery shops nearby since initially we will not be having a vehicle to commute. also since the voorhees town center is within walking distance from the complex, my hubby can always take the bus to office (seems 451 route goes to Woodcrest Rd)...for the initial week or so we will have to book a motel/hotel until we finalize everything and move into the apartment. howz the weather there currently ? since we are coming from singapore which is a tropical hot climate. I did see the temp is around 58F lately. just worried since we are travelling with a 4 yr old.

hoping to hear back from you.

Thanks
    Shruthi