1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apartment in Boston

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by tulsin, Jun 6, 2009.

1. tulsin

tulsin New IL'ite

Hi
    I am new to this forum. We will be going to boston on deputation. My husband's office is in Park Plaza ( zip 02108). I have 2 kids. One going to class one another 1 yr old.
    Which area should I opt to take a rental apartment? My criteria would be inexpensive and good school district area. Please suggest.

Rgds
    Tulsin

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Tulsin,

The zipcode you have given is Boston. So, usually you can look for anything within 20 miles around that since Boston is easily accessible by Train / Bus. It is just that you have to look for areas with school etc..

There are many places around that zipcode like Quincy , Malden, Somerville, Burlington, Waltham, Woburn, Cambridge.

You just have to visit sites like rent.com or appartement.com and put in your rent budget .. and the number of bedrooms.. etc. Once you zero on those.. You can probably get back here again and ask wether there are many Indians around ( if you are particular about it ) and also about the schools in that area. Start doing your filteration and zero something.. But I can just tell you MA is a beautiful place ! :)

Welcome !!! :)

3. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

I just saw this thread. Maybe it's a bit too late, but apartments around Quincy center are to commute from. It's close to the red line and is about a 30 minute train ride into boston with trains coming in every 5-10 minutes during rush hour.
    You get space for your buck out there. You could also negotiate a good deal on your rent because of the bad economy now.

Of course there's always Cambridge/allston which is more desirable, but places are relatively smaller and more expensive.

4. tulsin

tulsin New IL'ite

Thanks for your responses! I am now in Boston. Currently looking for an apartment. Seen few in Quincy i.e Faxon Commons and Highlands at Faxon Wood. Also planning to to see Weymouth Place in Weymouth. Please let me know if someone has any comments on these OR any suggestion for a new apartment.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I have many friends in Faxon Commons.. It is like mini India. Too many Indians.. But have you seen the appartment ? Do you feel it is right for you ? Depending on kids and your priorities / expectations.. you could choose. I feel it is a little high priced for the amenities they offer and for the square foot. But that is my opinion.

There is one more near Walmart close to Faxon.. That is not really Faxon something but has another appartment which is like Faxon Heights or I dont know some name.. close by..
    Another ILite friend of mine lives there.. That appartment is realllly good. has washer dryer and a cool deck. But a little expensive. So, again it all depends on your budget.

6. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Hi tulsin

i live Quincy. in Highpoint apartments. It is 5 min from Quincy center. Now they are giving good deals and also have free shuttle facility to the T-station.

You can check it out.

Gayathri

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  7. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

Have you looked at Watertown/Arlington side?

8. umasastry

umasastry New IL'ite

Hi Tulsi,

Andover is a good option too as there are good schools around.

cheers,
    uma

9. Sofiya123

Sofiya123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Anyone living in Andover/North Andover now. I want to know about the Indian community and preschool. Please suggest.

10. Nishravi

Nishravi New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am new to boston ma ,looking for good apartments with good school as my girl hv to go for 2nd grade.Also my hubby has office at braintree ma. Please help me in this.