1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anything wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pkr, Feb 16, 2015.

1. pkr

pkr Senior IL'ite

I am very happy with my wife's success in her career. After I encouraged her not to hold her career to stay below husband 2 yrs back, she progressed way ahead of me. I can see many changes in life including behaving more as best friends than a couple. I proudly shared her quality with friends and family. Seeing her breadwinner, confident, I guess, she emarged as reliable personality for my family and friends. I was very happy with this even after her warning to behave more manly... For some time this was ok for me, but seeing my parents and family and friends asking me to pass the phone to her, I got upset sometime. I am not upset now with such events. But believe me, I don't receive a single call on my phone from my family and family frineds except my wife's call and customer services calls. In start, my wife was feeling sorry seeing all talking to her, but now she is ok with it...
    Is it ok with me? I don't have problem with this except I feel myself in the shoe of wife... now I am so much habitual of this life that often I hold her arm like a wife...

2. girlieyonee

girlieyonee Senior IL'ite

Grow and chin up....

Be happy about her progress and enjoy the successes together.

3. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

I am a house wife ,but still every one in my inlaws family contact me more than my husband.As i answer the calls patiently, make practical suggestions ,everyone talk to me.In our house my DH would be last one to know whats going on in the family.When i talk i enquire about every one and generally follow up on things we discussed earlier regarding health/education/hobby. Do birthday wishes ,decide on personalized gifts help them out with suggestions ,asking them for suggestions....... For eg there is a function my MIL informs my DH about it and ask for me to discuss ideas for the next half an hour.Its not about who is important its more about who is willing to listen and participate.Its not the pay check ,but the personality that attracts such phone calls.

Why cant you try calling family members at regular intervals for small talk and see the difference.If you are not interested in small talk, you wont receive calls.

Watch out OP you had started grudging your wives growth.Its not good for the family peace ,so check yourself buddy

4. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op,
    This is because your family anf friends have understood that you would do anything for your wife. And you like to put your wife in forefront. Yes they think she is better than you in all ways. Its too harsh!

5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Read the other threads of OP. I have my radar goin' up on this one, not entirely sure.

6. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Is that a compliment / complaint? :rotfl

3 people like this.
  7. pkr

pkr Senior IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. 6 month back I tried to call family member for small talks, and that call was ending them asking me to give the phone to my wife... I donno what to talk about... all my talk turns to topic about admiring my wife...
    I wanted and still I want my wife to grow in her career...

8. pkr

pkr Senior IL'ite

I am happy that she is better than you in all ways... I only feel upset when some stranger don't imagine me as her husband in first impression....

9. pkr

pkr Senior IL'ite

This is complement... but out of tredition...

10. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Pkr
    Don't worry
    There is nothing wrong with you
    But why are you getting upset when they ask to talk to your wife?
    Regards,
    Sahana

1 person likes this.