1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anything wrong in saying so ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by veditha09, Jan 17, 2012.

1. veditha09

veditha09 New IL'ite

I was just expecting a copy of that report.
    We cannot afford to get an MRI done again in near future if necessary so just wanted to keep the report.
    But for him the case is closed.I even admitted that this end no more doctor visits for this particular complaint.
    But no he kept arguing that you don't have faith and you are a doubting person.
    If the pain was complete gone then I could believe anyone and anything when the pain keeps coming back how can I believe ?
    I took epidural for my 2nd normal delivery.I have 2 kids and its 17 yrs. of married life.
    I just gave up on him. He was always dominating and I was the one who always had to be silent all thses years.
    After so many years of domination If I start to revolt he is not able to ake it or doesn't wants to see from my point of view.
    he is quite strong.I cannot fight. I like to be happy always he is just opposite one silly incident or word triggers him and goes to an extent that he can stop talking for days.Got used to it now.
    I understood one thing that we can never understand any human being completely or may be we don't want to.

Thank you sandhya.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

veditha,

let's forget about your husband.Would you describe more about the pain.I have a friend she had terrible shoulder pain and she saw all the dr's and no one figured it out anything.Here the main thing is she doing regular exercise and that would help a lot women.

Would you consider doing some small steps everyday or do you exercise everyday???

3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Hi Veditha,

You should have your all medical records, as it will help you in future if you get that kind of pain again.

As somebody said some guys expect their wives to be healthy all time. I know this is crazy but only thing you can do is stop complaining to him. Since he dont understand your pain rather add more stress by arguing than no point in telling so, you will spoil your health more. Rather go to doc yourself and decide things your way.

I guess you can call or go to that doc and ask for your report as in record. Afterall its your medical report you dont have to tell what you are going to do with it. May be after few years you will get that kind of pain again...by that time you might have changed doc or moved to some other place.

I guess your DH dont like you to be dependent on him. Rather he want you to pamper him all time but he doesnt want to reciporcate it.

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Veditha,

Its okay. Forget about your husband. I think he was worried about the expense. Initial reaction was probably relief that nothing was majorly wrong with you quickly followed by anger. Look on the positive side: even though expense was out-of-pocket he did book appointment for MRI and you did get it done. Good thing you got it done, no matter if he is pissed off right now. Becos, MRI has ruled out that nothing is obviously broken and there is no tissue damage. This is very good news.
    re: the pain. You should ignore your husband and focus on pain management. Reason I asked about kids and epidural is that after several years some women do develop pain radiating down from the epidural injection site which is where you have the spinal nerve root, across the buttock and down one side of the leg, basically down that nerve. I am a case in point. Like the others said, you may have to go for regular exercises under physiotherapy or acupuncture to treat the pain. I decided to go for acupuncture to treat the pain and that is where my chinese medicine doctor explained the above to me. He taught me some simple steps to manage the pain after giving me some treatment. I delayed for 2 years before seeking treatment mainly because like you the conventional docs ruled out any cause for the pain and I was at a loss about how to proceed.
    One of the things that he suggested that really helped me was he showed me how to put an ice pack in the small of my back, and lie down during the day for about an hour. This reduces the inflammation and therefore the pain. Till he showed me this I was only focusing on my leg, mainly my thigh and exercising it like crazy and what not. I never knew my back was even in the picture! So whichever side leg hurts place a wrapped ice pack in the small of the back a little to the side of the spine on the same side as the leg that hurts. Take regular breaks from standing and sitting and lie down whenever you can.

Re: your husband's current anger and how to proceed, it is upto you. You know him better than any of us. Why he is insisting that your pain is psychological is a mystery to me. You referred to some incident with a relative also. I hope you have not been pretending to be sick to prove your point in the past. Sometimes such tactics backfire and the person stops trusting that you are telling the truth. Then even if you insist that no no this time it is real they will not believe. I dont know...but is it something like that? Then you will have to deal with the past issue, come clean and then explain that the current pain is real. Make sure you clear up the misunderstandings and clearly explain your motives. Once his anger cools and you get a chance to explain your intentions he should be okay with your updating the india doc.

Good Luck!

1 person likes this.