1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anything That Happens In Life Is Good

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Jan 23, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Anything that happens in life is good

Is this true

Was discussing this with Dad

When I was feeling blue

I asked whether we are doing something wrong

Maybe that is why

We are facing problems with his health

No matter how hard we try

Dad said his late Grandfather said

Anything that happens in life is good

If person died

It is good for that person because what if he would have suffered worse death

My blood ran cold at that point

How many people in the world would accept this

Unless they are a sanyasi, yogi, etc?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Mortality is the only certainty in our unpredictable lives, unfortunately. There can be nothing good that comes from losing a loved one but I guess this is a way to make things seem better than they actually are. For a person suffering in pain this is possibly a hope for relief from their suffering.
    I wish your dad a healthy life ahead. Please take care !

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I feel its true. God knows all the chapters of our life be it the past birth present birth to future to death. According to that he give us roles and test if we really deserve what he is giving. We have to first come to the level he expects or accept the level he choose. I Always say that either accept your life as it is or be at the level where you can change it without complaining or expecting from other. We are only responsible for all our thoughts and actions and only we can change that. The world is too big do not depend on someone too much. One day or the other that day will come and you still have to live after that. Be strong emotionally and stop depending too much.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

It's a strong attitude to see good side even in tragedy, because we need that to live, otherwise we would break apart if we ponder on the problems...Ultimately it is upto us to handle situations.
    When a person suffering some painful health condition, sometimes after their death loved ones say God took him/her away to relieve his pain. Sometimes, we have no option but to convince ourselves of the good in every situation.
    If we analyse too much, we may not be able to handle all the sadness in life. But sometimes we have to continue living and handling life in a stable way for the sake of our other family members/dependents. So, better to see good in life's situations.

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I accept this, even though I am practically not that bold enough to take it positively.
    Besides, I am not sure how God chose people to support them. Because, for some, a negative end means negative only.

However, I started to accept this since a decade or so.
    The first incident that made me believe in this happened when I was just a spinster.
    I, my sissy and our mom were living in our house back then. There was a housewarming ceremony at our dear neighbor's house that day, so we were so excited to attend it.
    But, unfortunately I lost my money purse (that had all my cards, identity doc etc) the previous night in bus, so I had to lodge a complaint at the police the day when the function was organized.
    I left to the station with my sissy to lodge the complaint halfheartedly and my mom left to the party house.
    At the station, we had some drunk police officers harassing us (we young girls), so we got frightened and called up mom to accompany us.
    She then rushed to the station immediately from our neighbor's house, where the housewarming event was going on.
    When mom was just around the Police station, we heard from the police that a massive tornado attacked in our area. We rushed back to our place only to see damaged homes, and screaming of people. Approx 25 people died in that incident, and many of them were from fully collapsed new house of our neighbor. There were many who got severe injuries.
    Before that tragedy, our inconveniences felt nothing.

From that major incident to the recent job loss of mine, I felt the protection of God, even during the negative times.
    Recently I had to lose my job, which made me completely upset. But that helped me try hard and harder to secure another job before I step out of my ex-work place. At the end of the day, I did secure 3 jobs, and I had the luxury to chose the best one. Had I not been thrown out from my ex-work place, I wouldn't have secured this good job as I was so comfortable with my former job.

NeetaR and Anjana124 like this.