Anyone working here moved back to India?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by sanjuruby3, Oct 9, 2014.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

For me, one big reason to move back is my family. I had baby and my mom came here. now that she is going back, I cry everyday and can not concentrate on anything.

I have been in US for 8 yrs but no intention of stay whole life here. But never planned on moving back or when to move.

Now with baby girl , I have my mind running all the time...what to do. 8 yrs in US, not a single day i did not miss my family. Not a lot of friends here.

When i hear of all the problems from my parents on phone -
    what to do,..its so hot, no electricity, we are dying here in hot,
    maid not coming,
    machine not working,
    phone not working, internet not working..,
    problms in some relatives kids school,
    people/relatives/neighbours trying to be oversmart , playing cheap tricks..
    trying to rip our of money..
    news of some girl violated somewhere... ( my hurt bleeds)

I keep rethinking.
    I know its not going to be easy moving there. I work for IT there and come from North india. If moving,, will like to stay in Chandigarh which is not same as i left.
    super expensive, crowded..but do not think in IT sector there is lot of scope.

I wanted to know if anybody moved back and whats experience in job and society.

2. there4u

there4u New IL'ite

Hi, I moved from UK to India a year ago. My son was 4 yes old at that time. But we all settled quickly without major issues. Of course, you will miss some luxuries, but if your priority is to be with family, then nothing like India. I didn't want my child to grow up as a stranger in a foreign land. He is happy with friends and relatives here. Decide your priorities, consult your family and take a decision.

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi OP,

I am working in USA and moved back to India in 2013 Jan with intention not to come back , (unfortunately had to come back because of office requirement). I am also in IT sector and mother of 4 year old (that time she was 2.5 year only). I stayed in India for 6 months including 3 months alone as DH has to travel back on very critical job requirement.

Let me tell you my experience - Initially when I went India , everything I was feeling so expensive as compare to when I left India , 2010. But it was 3 years ..so it's natural that rates will be increased. For couple of days, my daughter had adjustment issues because of language, she was not knowing Hindi that time. Once she got adjusted she was more happy than here. She had many friends in society and in daycare too. I felt daycares were more flexible than USA daycares . Also for other things like

1. Maid - Aren't we surviving here without Maid..doing everything own then why to dependent on maid. My maid never took any leave without telling me but she had her 2 fixed leaves in a month. So I never faced any issue there.

2 - Electricity - Not sure in Chandigarh but in Pune we didn't have any unplanned power cut. Most of the power cut was in working day so no one at home. One major issue what I faced was water issue but since we were aware with water cut plan, had planned everything accordingly.

3 - Traffic - no difference for me. I work in NYC and live 40 miles away in suburban area so travel time for me is similar to India. My another office (where I need to go once in a week) is also in suburban area , has same traffic issue like India (if you want to travel on peak time)

4- Neighbors/Privacy - I feel this is on you completely. If you make a limit, no one can cross it. I had made of couple of good friends in my society from all age groups including 60 year old aunties..no one never asked me any personal question.

5- M/C not working. internet not working - I feel it is same. recently, my internet stopped working and whenI called service provider, he said we don't have any appointment until next week and can visit only after a week when apt is available, so had to wait for a week to fix it (on top of that paid $40 fee +tip)

sindmani, centsibleindian and Arunarc like this.