Anyone Used Clomid For Ovulation? Any Side Effects? Please Help...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by gknew, Sep 17, 2018.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have irregular periods and i am TTC for my second child. As i have irregular cycles, my doctor said it's difficult to predict when I ovulate... or i may not ovulate...So she suggested me about Clomid to induce ovulation...I told her that i will try naturally for few months and will go for clomid...But I tried for few months and i didn't succeed yet..So, i am planning to go for clomid..I would like to hear some real reviews about clomid..Is there any side effects? Please share your inputs if you have used before..

Thank you.

anika987 likes this.

2. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

One of my friends got pregnant with clomid..no harm in that..both mom and baby is healthy..baby girl is 2 yrs old now

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply. Appreciate it.
    I was worried because my doctor said there are very rare side effects...Like ovaries will get over simulated..I am so relaxed to see ur reply..I was just looking for some real feedback like this...Thanks a lot...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    happydheivanai likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Clomid did not work for me but my cousin had it and conceived.I had other issues so it didn’t work as it is mild and the starting treatment to fertility.
    It did not give me any side effects in my case

gknew likes this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much.. Appreciate it.
    Good to know that many people used it and had a good result. My doctor told me the side effects as per book. That's what she mentioned. She also told me that there are 8% chance for twins and 2% chance for triplets. She mentioned this is also a rare case..I was so worried about it.
    Thanks a lot.

anika987 likes this.
  6. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I had same problem like you. Couldn’t conceive second time. First time was easy. Doctor suggested clomid. First 6 month,didn’t succeed. But after that I did tube test, used mensural cup after intercoss, used ovulation strips to know exact date I am ovulating and had inter on that date. On that month,it got success and now I have second kid. I don’t face any side affect in clomid.

gknew likes this.
  7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply. Appreciate it.
    Good to know that it works out for you. Even i had my first baby without any issues. I am TTC for my second child now. I have irregular cycles. So doctor told me that it's difficult to predict when I ovulate. Also, if I ovulate or not.
    She told me to try for few months naturally and told me to go for clomid after that. I used OPKs for last few months and i do get positive on the test. But I didn't succeed yet. So I was not sure whether i ovulated or not. I got positive LH surge and i had intercourse during that time. But I didn't conceive yet. So planning to go for clomid. That way i can be sure it induces ovulation.
    Thank you so much.

8. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Ask ur gynecologist whether u can try tube test,if needed. It took totally 8 month to finally succeed. Very emotional days they are. Also try the mensural cups and check YouTube tubes ,how they helped to get conceived. I left it inside after inter*** and leave it for 6 hours. It helps to sperm go deeper.(sorry TMI) . I took clomid,pottasium and calcium tablets while trying. I had slight pcos,so conceiving was bit difficult. But finally I got concived and delivered baby.

gknew likes this.
  9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for replying again.
    Congrats to you..I can really understand how stressful and emotional they are. You have gone through a lot. Happy for you and your baby now..
    I will check with gynecologist about the tube test.. I have to check about pcos also. I haven't tested for pcos recently. I have irregular periods and severe hair fall. So I am planning to check pcos too.
    Thanks a lot.