1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Tried Online For Groceries And Veggies Shopping? Suggestions Please.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Mar 20, 2020.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Whole food is on expensive side so I don't buy produce there . I do majorly shopping at costco and farmer's market. Now getting veggies from Indian store. They do have good supply. They should be restocking on regular basis. Ask the store owner when the shipment comes. Then go there on that day few minutes earlier .

shravs3 and gknew like this.
  2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you!!
    In my place, the Indian stores are empty too. I got few from Farmers market. I just checked instacart. It's not allowing to order for today. No other options available too. Have to check more.
    I have Amazon prime account. So, checking with the prime whole foods if they can deliver. Amazon fresh delivery not available. Whole foods allows delivery through prime.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Instacart doesn't have delivery available.

4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

How much is the delivery charge in instacart? From Costco.
    I tried to place a order and it shows next delivery is on March 24th. I tried few minutes later and it says after 6 hours. So, I placed an order. The delivery fee is 8.99

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I usually use Amazon Prime delivery from Whole Foods but these days, delivery times are not as quick as they used to be. On regular days, Whole Foods usually has same day or next day delivery slots.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
    gknew likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you!!
    Yeah..now the delivery times are not on the same day too.

7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

For orders above $100 it is free. FYI the online price is little more than store price. So buy only essential items. You should be able to shop at costco in person. Is there is a reason why you don't want to drive to costco or whole foods ?
    All stores have supply on regular basis . Other than TP/Water bottles/Sanitizers everything you can buy from store. Near our home costco restricts the crowd so not more than certain number can shop inside the store. TJ is most crowded near my home so I avoid it completely. Other than that every other store seems to be ok . Once in two weeks should be fine. As long as you follow the guidelines it should be fine.

shravs3 and gknew like this.
  8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Nearby Costco is very crowded and now they are restricting the crowd. Dh stood for 2 hours last weekend to get milk and an egg pack. Nothing available. So he wanted me to order online, so that it will be guaranteed that we will receive the goods. In my neighborhood, all of them doing online order for last few days. Through Kroger, local farmers market, Publix etc.

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you have time try venturing out to your local grocery store. I stopped into a Harris Teeter on my way home from a doctor’s appointment. The store was empty and well stocked with dairy, eggs, flour, butter, red meat, fish, all kinds of frozen items as well as fresh produce. The only missing items were the usual suspects: TP, Clorox wipes, cleaning supplies, sanitizer and chicken.

gknew likes this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

At present situations better to avoid weekends or after work hours during weekdays.

I recently went to Costco on a weekday before 7pm and I was let in directly. But by the time I came out there were many people waiting for their turns.

Ofcourse except TP, sanitizers, bounty rolls everything else was in stock

gknew likes this.