Anyone Travelled To Costa Rica?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by adismom, Jun 4, 2017.

1. adismom

adismom Bronze IL'ite

Hello-

We are planning to go on a trip to Costa Rica for a week in July-specifically to Manuel Antonio. Just wanted to know if anyone has been there before and what the experience was like. Any pointers and suggestions welcome too!! Thanks in advance.

gknew and Jey like this.

2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My Dh recently was there in costa rica for a week. He had been to Manuel Antonio. He said it's very good place to visit and there are lots of attractions around and lots of beaches.
    Which part of US are you from? Let me know if you need specific information.

3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful place. We went along with a tour group, need someone to drive to places.
    We enjoyed it very much, traveled in Dec ~8 years ago. Excellent food.

If you enjoy walking in rain, it is the place to be... singing in the rain happens every day.

Watch out, travel safety is still questionable in my mind.

4. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi we had planned for CR but had to cancel due to zika.
    i had planned for arenal and monteverde cloud rainforest and then nearby beach. we had booked tickets to san jose.
    i read have to be careful about renting a car. dont remember a lot now as it was last jan when the zika was going on.
    food is amazing, lots of rain. fruits taste good. are you planning to stay only in manuel antonio or driving around?

5. smriths

smriths New IL'ite

YESSSS, COSTA RICA IS HEAVENLY. I've been there about twice, and both were oh so special to me :) I'm not really a beachy person, but I personally loved the weather, it was very rainy. Other than that, we went to the rainforest as well as the national parks of corcovdo and manuel antonio, and I gotta tell you, the experience was insane. I had no issues with booking a cab, and would personally recommend it, because unlike us Indians, they are super friendly, and inconvinience caused by them is not shunned away, but acknowledged with decent apologies, and refunds. How long are you going for, though? I do have a few contacts as well, if you need them