1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone travelled in air india with a toddler?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anupandey, Dec 5, 2011.

1. anupandey

anupandey New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I am new to this forum. I am travelling alone to Delhi in a week with my 13 months old daughter. She has had few short flight trips with me but this is the first long trip for her. I am worried about the luggage limit. I asked AI people and they say that its just an 8 Kgs carry bag and a purse. The baby food and all stuff will be counted in 8 Kgs itself. And my carry bag is already 8 Kgs now but i am yet to take her food and bottles :-( I am travelling from Montreal to Toronto and then Toronto to Delhi so it will be a long trip for me. I cannot take the risk of taking less food, milk or diapers.
    Please suggest me something.

2. vibhaRam

vibhaRam Junior IL'ite

I don't know about Air India. But if you have a toddler certainly they should allow you to carry a Diaper bag with you, as kids[below 2 yrs] have to have their food,diapers,milk that too lots prepared before hand !
    1 hand luggage for you and a diaper bag for your baby is/has to be allowed.
    Else you can request or argue with them that you MUST carry it at any cost co'z it is for 1 yr old.
    They will consider it. Shouldn't be a problem as far as I know.

Happy Journey.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Dont take me wrong, but, when you carry baby/toddler with you, better put their stuffs as first priority and after that, if you have space, take your stuffs in the carry bag. I have seen many people will try to dump as much as possible in the carry bag itself and wonder if it is a carry or check-in bag. NOwadays, they are very strict atleast as far as I know. Dont go to the airport assuming that you can manage by talking to them, why unnecessary argument and last minute tension..They dont even carry any baby items in the flight.