1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good Indian Tailor in Charlotte to do alterations, blouse stitching?

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by sujatha81, Apr 27, 2008.

1. sujatha81

sujatha81 New IL'ite

Hello,

I'm new to IL and live in Charlotte. Does anyone know of an Indian tailor in the Charlotte area? I'm looking for someone to do alterations to sari blouses and perhaps stitch a couple?

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

2. NizamPori

NizamPori New IL'ite

Re: Anyone know of a good Indian Tailor in Charlotte to do alterations, blouse stitch

Hi Sujatha,

I live in charlotte too, i usually tale mine to Anna's alterations in the university area, if u explain what needs to be done they will do the needful. I highly doubt they will stitch a blouse, but alterations can be done easily !

They charge anything between $10-15, sometimes its not worth atall....unless u r desperate !

Cheers !

3. pads486

pads486 New IL'ite

Re: Anyone know of a good Indian Tailor in Charlotte to do alterations, blouse stitch

HI! You can contact Kusumben @704 540 8348. She lives in S. Charlotte. I have had a few blouses stitched by her from measurments that she took. They were ok, not great. She stitches really well if you have a good model blouse. Wish you the best. Oh she charges around $20 for blouse without lining. Around $35 for blouse with lining.

Wish you all the best,
    Padmaja

4. sujatha81

sujatha81 New IL'ite

Thanks so much for the information Padmaja - I will give her a call right away!
    Also, does she buy the material and stitch or do you have to buy the material and give it to her

Last edited: May 23, 2008