Anyone had IVF treatment with Dr Geetha Haripriya?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by susi5, Jul 29, 2009.

1. susi5

susi5 New IL'ite

My husband and I are considering IVF at chennai with Dr Geetha Haripriya

I see lot of people have shared suggestions and thoughts here.

Would be great if I can know anyone had experience with Dr Geetha Haripriya or any other fertility doctor in chennai

Any inputs will be of great help.

2. GoodHopes

GoodHopes New IL'ite

Hi Susi,

I am undergoing IUI treatment with Dr. Geetha at Prashanth hospital.
    I have had 3 cycles, which failed, and will be having the 4 th IUI next month.

I would also like to know about IVF treatment here. So, if anyone knows, pls update us.

As far as IUI is concerened, I am very satisfied with the doctors and nurses here. Though some forums have some complaints about the doctor, I find her to be a very nice and sincere person. Only thing is the waiting time for consultation is huge. But since the doctor is good, I dont mind that.

All the best for your treatment.

Swati

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Iam taking my treatment with Dr.GHP.She is an excellent doctor...I have seen ladies in their late 40's getting pregnant with twins and triplets.She has a good success rate in chennai.

Good Luck!

4. susi5

susi5 New IL'ite

Dear Rajalakshmi,

Would you mind sharing if you are also undergoing IVF. How many cycles does it take? Since we live outside India, it may be difficult to come for a longer period..

Thanks for all the help / inputs

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear susi,

Are you from Tamilnadu?Do you have your parents/relatives in chennai?

Iam not taking IVF treatment with her.But my close friend was an IVF patient.

Any doctor cannot guarantee IVF success through out the world.

Here ,since she does all the minor and major procedures herself,we can atleast hope for the best.Everything is procedural and the staff nurses are very kind and Dr.GHP is also very kind and answers the questions patiently.

Her place is overcrowded as happens with each and every fertility clinic which has a good success rate.Extra embryos can be frozen and you can use it in the next cycle.Accomodation is available near the hospital.Her rates are around 1.35 L for one cycle of IVF.Other charges will include something around 50k.

You can visit her website for more info.Iam not allowed to give external links here.Google for "pfrcivf".You will get the website name.

Hope this helps!

6. rdhivya88

rdhivya88 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

As very others say, you wont get personal attention if you step into prashanth fertility centre. You will be seen only by junior doctors and made to wait for hours together.

regarding the success rate, i doubt if they are having good success in recent years. guess poor attention is the reason.

There are many other experts in Chennai.

All the best.

7. lakshmimani184

lakshmimani184 New IL'ite

success rate is good in ghp . but i heard offlate apollo and iswarya are having very nice success rates

8. aravinthg12

aravinthg12 New IL'ite

I agree with rdhivya88.

We have had treatment in this place. There is no patient care at all. There is absolutely no sense of cleanliness at all. They never change hospital bed sheets or clean the equipment before using to next patient.

Specially Sudha Shivakumar who administer the IVF programme treat patients with no respect/care. She is such a rude, arrogant character and doesn't deserve to live in world as doctor. Don't even go closer to her.

Geetha Haripriya who is the main doctor at hospital is a absolutely money minded person, who ask the patient directly pay before they leave. Because she is seeing too many people, she wanted to send the patients quickly and want to avoid answering to their question. But, never forget to ask the money.

Gopalaswamy is the other doctor for men (Husband of Haripriya). He is known to do unwanted scans and surgeries to all the men he sees. He is the only pleasant character in the hospital who treats the patients with kind and respect.

In short, stay away from this hospital.

9. anitarenga

anitarenga New IL'ite

Hi,

Have u got conceived? i am planning to go to prashanth hospital. Please tell about that hospital?

10. laxmi1

laxmi1 New IL'ite

Hi
    I'm planning to go for Prashanth fertility center. Can anyone share your experience in icsi cycle there.