1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone got remarried successfully through matrimonial sites? Pleasee share

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by niceperson2345, Apr 30, 2012.

1. niceperson2345

niceperson2345 New IL'ite

My life has been terrible for the past few months and I am finally filing for divorce. My parents are really worried that I will never ever get married again as I will be a divorcee soon. They think that divorced men get unmarried women for second marriage but it is not he same with the divorced women. My dad is a heart patient and I am really worried about him. I have no regrets filing for divorce. I think my life will be much happier after divorce. But, I don't know how to console my parents. All my dear friends here on IL, can you please share your stories? Kindly share share how you got the alliance etc... I just want to console my parents and tell them that my future will be ok. I am currently in India now, but till last month I was working in USA on H1B visa and I have Masters degree in computer science from USA. I am 27 and have been married for 3 yrs and I have no kids. My marriage is a nightmare with lots and lots of abuse from husband and in-laws. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

2. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

hi,
    Y not.matrimonial sites are good platform. but verify complete details and secondly talk to the guys and his parents properly..

Take your time,

3. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Dear OP

There are many women who got re-married successfully after bitter divorce. If you are good person, educated, financially independant then why will you not get marry? Please verify all the details properly before moving ahead with any alliance. Don't rush to marry rather have maximum courtship period and get to know each other thoroughly. Don't hide anything from each other and make sure your fiance is also honest about his past and matured to understand relationship.

senorita2019, mohini16 and freddycat like this.
  4. niceperson2345

Hello ProudIndian,

Thank you very much for your encouraging words. I really need hope in my life at this point and your reply made me feel better.

5. snowdrops

snowdrops New IL'ite

6. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hi There,
    First of all it takes lot of courage to come out of an abusive marriage and you did that. There are lot of women who are still struck in bad marriages. Your life is far better than them.
    Since you have just got(or going to get) divorce give it sometime before the search. Just analyze what went wrong and what could have you done better. There might be few things like red flags you failed to notice before marriage etc. Just think about that & come out of first marriage mentally.

Also think about what kind of guy you want. Like where should he be settled, what kind of family values will be suitable for you. Create a profile in matrimonial site and take things slowly. Around the world there are lot of successful second marriages. Be bold, Be happy. All the best.

7. niceperson2345

Hi blackbeauty84,
    Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions and encouraging words.

8. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

dear op,

as others pointed out, yes remarriages happen after divorce...

first you need to come out completely from the unhappy things of your first marriage and gain confidence in yourself...

learn whatever lessons you can from the failed marriage and move on...there is no need to get bogged down by sad feelings of failure...

have determined mind how you want to proceed next to get your right partner...

have conviction within yourself that you are making right moves...and be ready to take the responsibility for your actions...

by involving the right people in the decision making may help you to avoid future problems...

best of luck...

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Snowdrops, thanks for sharing your story,Inspiring to many women out here.

Dear OP, one of my distant cousins did her 1st marriage in her early 30s, divorced immediately as her H had different orientation / preferences.

She has since married a Divorcee, has a 9-10 year old son now and both are doing well. This was when matrimonial sites were not so prevalent

dont worry, You will do well personally and professionally

10. niceperson2345

Hi snowdrops,

Thank you very much sharing your inspirational story. You made my day.