1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone get Laser Hair Removal done?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Nov 12, 2012.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Before marriage, I focused on getting my face threaded, and sugaring or epilating the hair on my arms and armpits.

And before the wedding, I got waxing on my entire body.

Now that I am married, I would like a hair removal solution that is most permanent, and doesn't involve ingrown hairs.

I would like to get laser hair removal done. I have dark hairs, and light skin.

Do you have experience with getting Laser Hair removal done? How often must you go for this treatment? How to prevent from getting burned? Does it hurt?

Please tell your experiences......

2. rkk1

rkk1 Gold IL'ite

I have gotten it done over my entire body, as I had excess hair growth. Most areas of the body they allow you to treat every 6 weeks or so, with legs being every 8 weeks. (Some places do entire body every 8 weeks only.) It is rather expensive. I did not do it because of not wanting to shave, but simply because I had a hormonal problem causing excess hair growth. I do not know if removing too much hair is good for us spiritually, as it is said in yoga that hair contains certain energy... and removing that from the body is not good.

My legs have lighter growth, but still some hair remains. Some areas like legs and armpits have reduced growth, while other areas (like face) seem more resistant to permanent loss. There is some reduction on my face as well as thinning of the hair, but still they persist.

On my arms, my hope previously was to thin the hairs (not remove them completely). The problem is that on the top surface of my arms, most of the hair is gone, while the bottom surface is more resistant. Thus there is a bit of a patchy look remaining, which I do not like... as I was hoping the treatment would thin hair more evenly.

If I continue to get laser hair removal, I will just get on face/neck only. The rest of the body hair I will just leave alone.

By the way, I also have dark hair (brownish-black) and fair skin (by Indian standards). So I was also a good candidate. But I think white Americans may have better results, as our skin is still considered dark by American standards, as it has a lot of melanin in it, which reduces treatment effectiveness.

1 person likes this.
  3. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

You heard of Samson. He is mentioned in the Hebrew Bibie. He got his strength from his hair, that was his secret that he told Delilah who then used it against him.......

The Meaning of Samson's Cut Hair | eHow.com

And of course, in Sikhism, one is not supposed to cut or shave their hair, at least most men follow this tradition. Several women follow this tradition as well, and one was even ridiculed

Sikh woman defends facial hair on Reddit - New York Daily News

I have more hair than usual. Before our wedding I waxed, but some stubble started to appear and my dear husband suggested it may be a medical problem, but he did not push the issue. My dear husband would prefer that I am waxed (and I mean everywhere!), it's just that waxing causes so many ingrowns that would make me embarrassed in front of him (he's currently overseas). And I want to feel good when I'm with him :)

4. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I got laser done on cheeks..For upper lip and chin i am going for electrolysis.
    Laser lightens hair..I am done with 8 sittings but still the hair is not gone where as electrolysis need more time and feel permanent at places.. laser is never permanent u need to keep getting it done constantly. advantage - done in less time and less visible hair.. My friend got back her old hair more thickly after 2yrs. So hair grows back.. Pain is bearable.. they give cooling gel before treatment. I would not suggest this for entire body as it is waste of money..having hair is natural

1 person likes this.
  5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I got it done 4 yrs back. Results were good, soon after pregnancy and hormonal tablets they keep coming. Laser is not permanent solution and simply if you get them quickly, you would lose thousands

6. laserhair

laserhair New IL'ite

Laser hair removal is a very recent technology and one of the best I know.It does not hurt as much as you think.
    Although every individual is different, laser hair removal treatments are monitered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!

7. Monicaraj

Monicaraj New IL'ite

I had my hairy full face treated with Mayderm laser clinic at moggappair Golden colony few days back, I have been suffering from a medical hormonal condition,but my hair keeps growing on,so I got treated with the doctors at mayderm, I can see a visible difference.The pain is bearable and cost is affordable too. I would recommend everyone...

1 person likes this.
  8. luvli

luvli Silver IL'ite

Ladies,

How much does it cost for face and neck?
    I know it depends from person to person. Can you please give some approximate amount?

Also please let me know if this was in India or US?

9. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Hair in our human body is to maintain the body temperature and it is act as dust filter.

Body Temperature is maintained by our hair in the head, underarm and face for men.
    Dust filter: Ear, Eye, Nose, Urethral and Anal.

if you remove this completely you may face problem in your future life.

Complete permanent removal & complete shaving either by razor or waxing is not good for health, always it should be trimmed closely this will be good and healthy.

10. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

Laser will help in reduction not in permanent removal.
    Going for whole body is going a bit overboard.
    Try to address your problem areas.Results are best on coarse hair.
    And again expecting permanent removal as a result would only lead to disappointment.