Anyone from the North-east in Delhi/NCR

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by MayuriBordoloi, Jun 30, 2009.

1. MayuriBordoloi

MayuriBordoloi New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Anyone from the North-east in Delhi/NCR here in IL? Share your thoughts about life in Delhi. How is it different from life in your home town. Do you think, you'll go back again. Have you got your own community of Assamese, Manipuris, Mizos, etc. here

We look forward to hearing from you!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Mayuri,
    Yeah am from North east,but nt from the places mentioned.Born 'n brought up in Assam tho',staying in Gurgaon nw.Gurgaon is v v v different from where I hail,mostly culturally.After staying for so lng here,haven't gt used tom it.Guess i haven't come in contact with NE people much here 'n that's y i miss home so much.

3. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

NE life is very much different from life at Delhi. It has been 8 years leaving my hometown, Guwahati. But trust me each and every moment I remember my birthplace.

Life at Delhi is very fast, from the morning till the night people here are busy with their work. I miss the wonderful moments that I have spent at Guwahati.

I studied at St. Mary's Convent, Guwahati and subsequently joined Srimanta Shankar Academy, Guwahati. After completing my 12th I came to Delhi and joined Delhi University for further studies.

Now after so many years spending at Delhi, though I have a deep urge in my heart to return to Guwahati, but can't do that coz I am married here and have to spend the rest of my life here, keeping the love of my native place in a small corner of my heart.

4. MayuriBordoloi

Hi Delo,

Nice meeting you here. :)
    Where did you stay in Assam and can you still speak Assamese? I guess there are a lot of young boys and gals who are working at the BPO and IT sector in Gurgaon. And they have quite a sizeable community in Delhi & NCR.

Looking forward to hear more about your memories of life in the North East.

Love,
    Mayuri

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. MayuriBordoloi

Hello Saswati,

Glad to meet you. Thank you for penning down such lovely thoughts. I understand, there is a vast difference between life in Guwahati and Delhi. Guwahati has also developed a lot over the last few years, but it still has the charm of a relaxed life away from the hustle-bustle and all the traffic woes of a big metro.

Haven't you visited Guwahati since the last 8 years? Tell us if you miss any Assamese dishes............:)

Love,
    Mayuri

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Mayuri,

I visit Guwahati once a year for a week. This year am planning to visit on November.

I truly miss the luci, aloo pitika and bandha gobhir sabzi.

7. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hi folks,

Glad to join the party here. Though I'm not staying in NCR right now (left sometime back) but I'd like to add that I met a lot of Assamese youngsters and families. And yes cherish those lovely days in Namrup..where I was born and brought up.

The best part is that a lot of our friends are still connected over the years and we still discuss pitha, kosu, maasor tenga and all the fiery jolokias :spin. Ha..ha..ha.
    I remember we Namrupites always felt..that was the best place in the world...because we always had such wonderful amenities in those days and I guess....economic liberalization had not yet hit our nation then. :)

Any one from Namrup here?

Seuli
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Sawati,
    U know what!I visited yr profile after learning u r from my ole school,St.Mary's,Gauhati.Grt!But i thnk u r years younger but dopes that really matter.I'm a Bong residing in Gurgaon.Our believe is the same,truly beileve in LIVE 'N LET LIVE.
    Every yr i thnk of visiting Assam,somehow hoche i na!I want to look up my Kong,KONGMAI who brought me up.ANYBODY KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HER,do let me know.She used to hv a son called Kali.We played a lot as kids. Want to visit Shillong,Tezpur(born there),'n ofcourse Gauhati.
    U know,my mother visited Gauhati last yr with my eldest brother 'n I felt overwhelmed to know that everyone was asking about me.After marraige,we tend to put aside ur innermost ,fervent wishes.Envy u for visiting Gauhati once a yr.One of these days,I too wl set out.........U inspire me greatly !
    Love,Delo

9. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Hi! Mayuri,
    Mostly stayed in Gauhati,also few yrs in Shillong.Was born in Tezpur.
    Grt to meet y'll here,really.I go to Delhi Haat here just to hv Assamese food.Miss Assam a lot,dream frequenty about the all the good times we had there.
    Tk care,
    Delo

10. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Grt! U too! Yr name Seuli made me wonder tho'
    All the more reason nw to keep in touch,eh?
    Delo