Anyone from Knight's bridge Irving,tx

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by sarasthara, Feb 14, 2009.

1. shreedallas

shreedallas Senior IL'ite

Hai Saraswathi & Priya

Good to know abt u. we are also moving to knights bridge by this month ending to building#13. Hope to meet u soon.

2. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies of Dalla/Irving,

I am going to be a new entrant to your community in a couple of weeks. My hubby and I are planning a trip to Irving next weekend to check out the available apartments in Irving area to rent. We are moving there from Bay area, CA. I have been out of touch with our IL community for a while due to hectic travel and family issues and I was in India for almost a year where Inet connection literally sucks...
    Anyway, can any of you help me to check out some decent apartment communities to rent ( a 2 bedroom/2 bath with washer dryer in the apt and the approximate rent for such a unit).
    Just to let you all know about me, I am a tamil speaking person originally from Madras and living out of India for a while now. Can't wait to meet you all once I settle down in Irwing.

Your help is much needed and appreciated.
    Thanx,
    GPriya.

3. PrabhaWin

PrabhaWin Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Welcome to Irving.... according to my view Irving is a wonderful place hope u'll enjoy here.... I live in Camden Valley Park... this apt is a gud one and also have washer dryer in unit itself.... u can check this apartment.... I am also from chennai and tamil speaking..... hope to see u soon in Irving :):hiya

4. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Thanx Praba. Can you tell me the approximate rent for a 2bed/2bath with washer/dryer in unit. I did see the rent varies depending on the size and location. As of now, I have no clue about the location as I have never been to Dallas/Irving in my life. Also, how far is the nearest Indian grocery/veg stores and such amenities from your place. I don't want to live in a remote place and drive around all the time even for basic stuff. Pls let me know.
    I read in the net that Las Colinas is a good area to live and most of the shops and other amenities are really nearby for Las Colinas. Is it right?
    Well, can't wait to have a change from Bay area, but I would definitely miss this pleasant climate though. Nowhere in the world you can get this pleasant throughout the year.

Thanx again and hope to meet you all Irving ladies,
    GPriya.

5. PrabhaWin

PrabhaWin Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya,

A 2B/2B apt ranges from $915-$1,123 i guess and also abt washer dryer u need to confirm with the leasing office coz am not aware about 2B apts I live in 1B/1B and we have a WD in unit... Regarding groceries everything is very near around 2 to 7mins reach in car( icluding indian groceries as well as walmart) we also have a library nearby... am aware of only these amenities reagrding others u need to make more research i guess...
    U have told abt Bay Area having a pleasant climate, but i have never been there as dallas is my 1st place in US am not much aware abt other places....Hope u like dallas too except for the summershakehead

6. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Praba

We came to Dallas last week (stayed for 5 days in hotel) and went thro a lot of apartments and was there even in Knightsbridge and camden properties as well. We didn't like any of them. The city is NOT pedestrian friendly and the reveiw and rating of the apartments really scared us to pick any apartment as most of them have the lowest rating. Cost of living is also not that good..and I am shocked to hear that apartment community charges even for water, sewer, trash, parking etc., and we felt its not worth moving from California. California living is much better and we are kind of used to it and My hubby felt it was good for us to make a trip to check it out at company's cost. So now, we are back to California and more content with our life here.
    Well, if you guys ever visit California especially Bay area, you probably will understand what I am talking about.

Thanx for all your info about apartments in Irving/Las colinas,
    GPriya.

7. MuhilNeel

MuhilNeel Silver IL'ite

Hai....I'm Tamizhmuhil...we moved to Irving during the last week of July.we stay in the knights bridge apartment.I'm looking for new friends....

8. anitharavindran

anitharavindran New IL'ite

hi,

I am anitha. I am also living in knightsbridge, so in what building are u living?.

9. MuhilNeel

MuhilNeel Silver IL'ite

Hey...Sorry for the late reply....It's 5332, Bond street..... what's your building number??

10. anitharavindran

anitharavindran New IL'ite

hai, i am in 5314. So do u have any kids and which part are u from?.

anitharavindran