anyone from claremont in cape town

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by darne.chitra, Jan 19, 2009.

1. karthikeyan1986

karthikeyan1986 New IL'ite

Dear madam your living place now how is it , i got one job in botswana i dont about that place please tell me culture and expenditure of food items and other items living cost

2. karthikeyan1986

karthikeyan1986 New IL'ite

Hai madam me also moving botswana if any idea about that place i am from india tamilnadu

3. RichaKalra31031

RichaKalra31031 New IL'ite

Hi Chitra : are you already staying in Capetown? and which area would this be?? if you are already in cape town than surely you would have looked at some schools too. My kids are 10 and 4 and i am also looking at some semi private school. pls guide me thru this pls. richa ( richaamann@gmail.com)

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

Richa,

though I am not in Cape Town but we moved to Durban last year & this is the process I used to find school for my kids

1.choose the area where you want to stay(like near your workplace)
    2.google 'schools in XX area
    3.choose few of them & visit the school website & facebook pages.
    4.send email to the schools you are interested in.
    5.ask clearly about the admission process,documents required,fee structure etc...........

SA is very internet savvy & you will find website of nearly everything.....just google for any info you want............I even check the menu of resturants I want to go & even the barber has website.......

hope it helps.............

we visited Cape Town this sept,it may be my experience but I saw very few Indians ............here in Durban we do have quite large number of Indians infact it is supposed to be largest population of Indians outside India..........
    still,CT is very beautiful city with good people,it has rather quite windy & unpredictable weather but overall it is beautiful............

we stayed in area called Milnerton ..............

1 person likes this.
  5. RichaKalra31031

so nice of you for this write up. i much appreciate this. did you take hotel accomodation or rented apartment ?? Hows Rylands to live? do people pick furnished house or come and buy furniture for use ??? how much rent should i look for ?? thanks again. you may suggest me some of your known friends who are currently in cape town.. time has come close for us to move there. thnx. Richa

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

we stayed in 2 Bedroom furnished apartment called Portico in Milnerton,it was 100$ per day but remember it was in touristy section........you can check tripadvisor.com for self catering options in Cape Town..........

rentals vary from area to area & the sort of house you would like to love like flats or bunglow.......there is an option called granny's flat which is one or two room flat over the garage of bunglow & is normally furnished.........

we get all furniture from office as we are transferred by office........otherwise there are fully furnished options which though costly is excellent for temperory stay or initial few months

you can hire a car through Avis or any car hiring comapany initially as public transport is not very good in SA.........it is good if you also drive & have a valid licence.......

We have no friends in CT as we live in Durban & moved just a year back.......but people are good in SA & you will easily make friends,specially if you are good cook & like to entertain as SAians love Indian food.

7. RichaKalra31031

wow.. thats good info.. i have noticed granny's flats. cheers

Richa

8. kavinchella

kavinchella New IL'ite

hi i m chella....two months back i came to durban.....

9. manpreet09

manpreet09 New IL'ite

Hii Richa . Are u still in cape town ??