1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Calgary?

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by somasubu, Dec 21, 2007.

1. somasubu

somasubu New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Is there anyone from calgary?Join the group.

<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

2. datta

datta New IL'ite

Re: ANy one from calgary

I am from calgary. where do you live.

3. somasubu

somasubu New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I am living in Edgemont.Where do you live ?
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

4. Bindiya

Bindiya New IL'ite

Hello,
    We are in Clagary now. Do feel free to introduce yourself. Good to know people in cities that are new to you.
    B.

5. Bindiya

Bindiya New IL'ite

In Lake Bonavista

6. Bindiya

Bindiya New IL'ite

What do you do?

7. sankarimathan

sankarimathan New IL'ite

Hi bindya,datta,somasubbu.,
    Iam in Doha qatar .Soon we r relocating to canada.We decided to reside at calgary.iam really scared about the new place.i don't know anyone there.pls help me...i want to know the opportunities for software engineers in canada.iam an software engineer.are any of IL members in software field?

Thanks in Advance

sankaimathan

8. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hi ILs in Calgary

I am shubha vasudevan and I live in Calgary. Recently I moved to N.W. before we were in N.E. We can stay in touch . Mail me when you find time. I am not employed presently.

shubha

9. datta

datta New IL'ite

I live in SW in Garrison Woods. Don't be worried about Calgary. I find this city better than Toronto where we lived before. Calgary is beautiful and even though it is not that big like Victoria or Toronto, it still quietly grows on you. People are friendly and you find a lot of educated crowd who are less racial.

10. raoangadi

raoangadi New IL'ite

Can someone help me- Totally confused

Hai Everyone,
    I just joined this grou. I am from Bombay , india. I am a girl of 23 years very average in studies trying to take the study route for migration to canada and found this Alberta Manitoba etc in the Provincial Nominee Programmes of canada.
    My doubt is whether they would really give this opportunity to someone studying just a year? Can any one get an employment like full time with equal wages and finding no one and hence giving a job to the prospective immigrant. All this appears to be filmy because in so many forums I have come across the news that Canadians have a lot of racist discrimination not understood by the outside world as it is only passive or rather tacit to the Canadians alone.
    I have been religiously going through many immigration related websites/forums just to know if it is really true that Canada does not discriminate. I used to read with admiration the Canadian slogans allover that it is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COUNTRY. HOWEVER WHEN I STARTED READING MORE AND MORE I AM BEGINNING TO REALIZE THAT THIS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY SHALL COME MAY BE 10 YEARS LATER WHEN U ARE NOT TOTALLY FIT AND THEY START SHOWING THE AGE AS AN Excuse.

When there are disturbing news that Doctors, engineers, physician from India are ending up a dish washer for 2 to 3 years before becoming a compounder and another 2 to three years to become a junior Doctor and another half a decade to get half of what his qualifications are worth in Canada, what shall be the chances for a person like me who is just average and the skills are just common like accountant/insurance agent or a social worker.
    My point is that I should not expect the moon on a platter and when I know I am not deserving this and is not competent enough, Others have every right to ask me to prove and to a greater extent even their so called Canadian Experience. But what does the dish washing to do with the canadian experience.
    Would I be making a mess of my life by trusting what is just written in their web sites?Can someone guide me from this forum please, as u may have already come across many cases as that of mine and some of u must have been seeing the true picture there.
    Regards to all,
    A.Nadiane,