1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Familiar With Nashua, Hollis, Peperall Schools To Buy Home

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rubylocks2016, May 16, 2016.

1. rubylocks2016

rubylocks2016 New IL'ite

Hi

We are planning to buy home and looking for towns with top school districts. We have been living in Nashua for long time on rental. For buying home, we are confused. We want to live in Indian community but also good school districts. There is biggest Indian community in maplewood but then homes are expensive, not good school district. I did not understand why it is expensive then. I knew that homes around good school district are expensive But I do not understand about Nashua.

We looked around other towns with great schools - Hollis, Brookline and Merrimack. Great schools and prices but no community atleast I could not find.
    Towns on the border - Tygnsboro/Pepperal have good homes but no good schools. Please suggest.

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

How about Andover, Chlemsford, Westford. All these are good school districts with lot of Indians around.

3. staymotiv

staymotiv New IL'ite

Hi rubylocks2016, the only good school districts in Nashua are Bicentennial and Main Dunstable. These, too, are only for the elementary level. Middle school and high school levels are very poorly ranked. So no matter where you buy a house in Nashua, you have to gamble when it comes to schools. You have good options if you are considering private schools from middle school onwards, depending on affordability issues. But if you want Indian community AND good elementary schools, then Maplewood, Groton Woods are pretty much your only options. Fourth phase of construction has just started in the Groton Woods subdivision. I've heard that many Indians also buy condos in Georgetown (close to Bay Ridge). There are also Indians living in condos around Cadogan Way. You could search for homes there.
    Hope this helps :)