Anyone did IVF using Donor Egg

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Blueblue, May 14, 2012.

1. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

Has anyone in this forum have gone through IVF using Egg donor. please share your experiences.

I am 30 years married. I have a condition called amenorrhea - absence of a menstrual period in a woman. Well If I take hormonal tablets I get it, otherwise no. As per my gyn, I can still try to have a baby with the help of donor eggs.

With that hope, me and DH are planning to get it done.
    In the meantime, if any of you have undergone this, please share your experiences, taught's and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies, Please let me know if any of you have undergone this procedure. Thanks

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

My cousin's wife has an IVF failure after which she mentioned that they will go thru donor egg....

she has given birth to lovely boys last month (bit premature, but seem all Ok now.Not sure if this cycle of her IVF was thru donor egg...(as this was quite sensitive we didnt ask her too many qns....)

I hope someone here gives u first hand info...

4. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

Hi ssm,

Thank you for reply. As you said it is sensitive. I am so worried and want to hear from someone who had such experience. Egg Donor is the only way for me to have baby :((. My DH is totally fine with this, but its just that..how will be the procedure, will it be painful, costs..so many questions in mind keeps bothering me..
    I have to prepare myself mentally right. Hopeful I will get more responses..

Thank you

5. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

My best friend has the same problem and she had her IVF done with the help of Donor eggs. She knew the donor very well and the donor eggs were also fine. She now has twin girls and cant love them enough. They are the most adorable l'le things I have seen.

Whats wrong with Donor eggs Blue? Any baby on whom you shower love and you are the primary caretaker will love you immensely and thats what matters. On top of that, you will give birth to this child biologically.

It costed her 1.5 L for the entire procedure including tests, taking eggs from that donor and the the IVF.

6. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

Hey mommybird,

me and DH have absolutely no problem with the donor eggs. Infact, DH wants to go for adoption. I want to try IVF and see if I can conceive. For us the concept of donor eggs doesn't really matter.

I am in UK right now, will get this procedure done in Bangalore. My doc in India said Egg donor will be anonymous, they wont be sharing any details of egg donor. Well it really doesn't matter.
    I guess your cousin got it done in abroad.

My only concern is how was the procedure, how painful it was...that's it :))

7. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Blue - Here you go with what I know.

1. My friend got it done in India - Delhi.
    2. She was given the option of anonymous donor, but since she had someone willing to donate eggs, she wanted it done that way.
    3. The procedure was not painful at all. Done under sedation .. of course, the usual pregnancy pains will be there. Am sure you wont be grudging ;)

8. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

Hey mommybird, Thank you. This Info means a lot to me.

9. Kiya

Kiya Senior IL'ite

Blueblue,
    I do no have any experience to share about donor cycle. Just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck.

I am currently doing my 5th IVF..and might be moving on to donor cycle if it does not work and might be considering to do in India. Are you cycling in blore? Which clinic are you using? Do they a have donor list?

10. Blueblue

Blueblue Bronze IL'ite

Hey Kiya,

No, I have not started with any cycles. I have a condition called amenorrhea - absence of a menstrual period in a woman, this mean my ovaries does not produce enough Eggs. In my case, only options is with Egg Donor. I am in UK right now, will be going to India early next year..till then I am in the process of collecting more Info.
    I met Dr. Biraj Kalyan IVF doc from Bangalore. I still have long way to go to even see donor list :))

All the very best for your IVF!!

Thanks