Anybody travelled to kemmangundi-karnataka

Discussion in 'Travel' started by born2vin, Jul 30, 2009.

1. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi IL's

anyone travelled to this tourist stop kemmangundi in karnataka? can you give some suggestions on hotel/food/ good place etc.... we plan to visit there in september...

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI born2vin:

We did a day visit to Kemmanagundi from Shimoga. However, you could easily spend a weekend with trekking in Bababudanagiri hills, visiting the local falls (can't remember the name), etc. However, I have heard of people camping at homestays at Chikmaglur and make a trip to K'gundi. It is a lovely place. There is an inspector's bungalow where you could stay but I have no further details that I could give you.

I do hope this helps you in some way.

Sindhu

3. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sindhurao, really it is informative as i though chikmangalur is far from this place... do Jog falls is near to this... is it possible to conver jog falls and kemmangundi in 2 days?

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Tamilarasi:

While it is possible to cover Jog falls, I think it will become too hectic especially if you are travelling with kids. Also, I'm not sure if the roads are good enough after the rains, so the drive might become a stretch.

Assuming you are travelling from Bangalore, it is about 379 kms. to Jog falls and the normal route is bangalore-shimoga-sagara - jog falls.

Sindhu

5. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sindhu again thanks for the update. yes our origin will be bangalore.. but we haven't decided whether to go by road or cut journeys via train.. anyhow thanks for your valuablecomments