Anybody returned to Bangalore? How does it feel being in Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Laks09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was browsing through this forum and loved the Return to Chennai thread that Shanvy has started a while ago and moved into this forum. I wanted to start one for Bangaloreans.

Discussion points borrowed from Shanvy's thread-
    1. What was the motivation or the real reason to return to India and when did you return and from where?
    2. Did you return with school going kids?
    3. Did you have teenagers (let us broaden the gap from the traditionals 13 onwards to 10 onwards), if so how did you convince them ?
    4. Did you have a home setup already exisiting (joining parents/parent-in-law)?
    5. Did you investment in an apartment/house before returning?
    6. How did you choose the school,which school and are you/children happy?
    7. Did you face any serious adjustment problems?
    8. what do you like about Bangalore?
    9. What do you dislike about Bangalore?
    10.Do you regret your decision?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1. What was the motivation or the real reason to return to India and when did you return and from where?
    My motivation was DH and his love to return to India. I didn't come for my parents or ILs or kid. Parents and PILs would have a good support system anyway!
    I moved back a couple of years ago from the US.
    2. Did you return with school going kids?
    Yes, with a Kindergartner.
    3. Did you have teenagers (let us broaden the gap from the traditionals 13 onwards to 10 onwards), if so how did you convince them ?
    No, and my LO was excited to come so no issues there. I did come for a trial basis though, came for three months and lived on my own in BLR and found I could do this. I then went back and came with lock, stock and barrel and DH of course!
    4. Did you have a home setup already exisiting (joining parents/parent-in-law)?
    No, parents and PILs live in a different state.
    5. Did you investment in an apartment/house before returning?
    Yes.
    6. How did you choose the school,which school and are you/children happy?
    I visited the school on a prior trip to India and liked it. It is close to home and I wanted something close by initially. Even now, DD goes there. Both of us are ok with it and she is really happy there. I sometimes feel she should be going to a school which focuses a little more on academia but looks like they are into all round development and the kids seem to be slowly but surely developing their skills and talents.
    7. Did you face any serious adjustment problems?
    Nothing too serious. Initially, we were really excited and happy. Once the initial euphoria wore off I did feel finding a good employer in India, one who gives importance to work life balance was next to impossible. I tried for close to a year and a half before finding the right position. Now, I'm all set!
    8. what do you like about Bangalore?
    The city is really cosmopolitan! I've always loved that about B'lore. Plus, it was really easy for me to adjust to Bangalore.
    9. What do you dislike about Bangalore?
    The crowded roads! I hate Bangalore Traffic and can't wait for the metro rail to get here. I drove my own car all along but have finally hired a driver now because of the sheer stress of driving on Bangalore roads.
    10.Do you regret your decision?
    Absolutely not. I was skeptical about the move. I really didn't want to give up on my career at the time and move back, but now, looking back, I really feel we made the right decision. My DD has a lovely childhood and that's something that is worth every other sacrifice.

1 person likes this.