1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody Can Give Any Advice To Kickstart My Weight Loss In A Month?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by MansiN, Jul 13, 2017.

1. MansiN

MansiN Senior IL'ite

i'm travelling to india in a month. when i flew to the US i left behind a lot of my clothes because of my weight issues. i promised to myself that when i return to india for a visit, i will have lost my weight enough to get my old dresses back with me.
    however not much has changed. i knocked off a few kilos here and there. 2-3 to be precise.

and now i have a month. i'm still not giving up.
    anybody can give any advice on how to knock off a few kilos before i fly to india. im not expecting huge results. but even 2-3 kilos will be a win for me and i can get a couple of my clothes back with me and also get a boost on my confidence

any advice will help

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Diet and excercise ! That is good motivation , btw ! I will leave some clothes in India next time I visit ;)

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

2-3 kg a month needs dedication, depending on body type.

Get a fitness app, figure out your cal input for a day and count calories eaten religiously.
    Even if you cheat a bit some days, be sure to get a handle on dinner and have it early, no snacking/food after 8.
    Get some moderate intensity cardio 3-5hrs a week. Besides that get some activity throughout the day like some climbing stairs, short walks, a few times a day.

If you have any other health issues like palpitations/high bp/injuries/obesity then do consult a health professional.

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

If your health is okay though it is not a good method you can try some quick diet plans such as GM diet plan.
    Try and ensure you are hydrated and not feeling weak. Include plenty of soups and some minor changes to suit your body type in diet is also acceptable.
    This will help you to reach desired results in one month. Do some moderate exercises too.
    Stay focused and most important stop browsing for recipes. They really shatter our goals.

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

OP,
    Weight loss is 80% what you put in your mouth.I succesfully managed to shed 13 kgs that i had piled up during my pregnancy.So speaking based on that experience. watch what you eat...cut down on your carbs intake like rice and wheat.i take them only one time a day for my breakfast most of the days. keep your breakfast heavy and dinner very very light. replace carbs with rolled/steel cut oats, quinoa, chickpea flour etc. i have stopped using white rice all together. i only use red (matta) rice even to make dosa batter...i use multigrain flour for making chapatis. eat more broken wheat (dhalia), egg whites, reduce oil -u can use healthy options like coconut /olive oil and ghee, greek yogurt, reduce refined flour intake in d form of cookies, puffs croissants etc..eat only wholewheat bread (wheat flour if mentioned in the ingredient list means maida..so avoid it) brown bread is also not healthy. reduce sugar and salt intake
    if you can go to gym ,there is nothing like it.otherwise atleast walk as much as you can. you can also try intermittent fasting . You will shed those pounds in no time.All the best

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. shygal123

shygal123 New IL'ite

I also am trying to loose my belly fat and what i have found helpful is eating lots of salad instead of a heavy meal and exercise is the must.

Sandycandy likes this.