any sucess stories with blocked fallopian tube?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kinjal, Aug 24, 2009.

1. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this site.

Please merge this thread if any such thread already exists.

I am 31 yrs old, trying to conceive since last 1.5 yrs. I recently had HSG and it shows my left fallopian tube blocked. I started IUI since last 2 months and both the time I ovulated from left side.

I wanted to know if anyone has similar issue like me? and is anyone able to conceive successfully (naturally or IUI ) with blocked fallopian tube?

Or IVF is the only option for me?

would really appreciate your inputs.

2. baby boom

baby boom New IL'ite

Hi kinjal,

Sorry to hear about ur condition dear....but dont worry I also had the same problem and have done 3 IUI's and 4th one with injectibles....Also I did one cycle if IVF and it was a BFN too........but I still have a lot of hope since that is what keeps us going on through tough times like these........for my Ist IVF cycle was a difficuly transfer and thats why it didnt help....Also my sincere suggestion would be to also do accupuncture on the side.....also with blocked fallopian tube we still do have a 50% chance of conceiving ok.....so dont worry..........but i would say try about a max of 4 to 5 cycles.....and then just move on to IVF............but since u have just started ....try to maintain a positive attitude.....and i am sure we will soon see BFP's in the months to come.......so take care for now.....ok

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Kinjal,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum... You can find our forum guidelines here...

I too have block in a tube. Till now tried with natural & medicine cycles.... Going to try IUI in next cycle.

Once can conceive with one tube block but it may take little more time if tried naturally. Usually dominant follicles will come from alternative sides in consecutive months. But did you used any medication for follicle growth for your IUI? In medicated cycles, there are more chances for follicles to grow in both sides & help in conception. If not used medication in your past IUI, ask your gynec & try to do a medicated cycle. Hope the new cycle brings you good news....

Ideally one can try 6 IUI & then can go for IVF. All the best to you...
    Baby dust to you.

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

YES.There are a lot of chances for you to get pregnant with one patent fallopian tube.Chances are good for IUI and less for natural conception..

Try IUI number of times as suggested by your RE and then have IVF as the last resort.

Take Care!

5. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

thanks ladies...

its so stressful to find out you have a problem....:drowning

I was on clomid 50g on both cycles. sonogram shows folicules on both sides but dominant folicule was on left side at both times so doctor cancelled both IUI cycles.

is there any medicine/procudure which can make sure we ovulate from left or right side?

do you have any idea?

6. Vasumathy

HI Kinjal,
    I don't there are any such procedures available to grow follicle in one side. I think increasing the Clomid dosage may help. I too canceled one of my medication cycle because of dominant follicle in blocked side. In next cycle, i used different medicine which helped me to get follicles in both sides.

Relax. Be positive.
    Baby dust to you.

7. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

50 gms of clomid seems to be on the lower side when you expect follicles from both sides. As Vasu said, please try a higher dosage of clomid or better still injectables to double your chances.

8. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Vasumathy, VidhKarthik,RG, babyboom.

I talked to my doctor and he want to start with 100mg clomid from this month.

Lets see what happens.

9. Vasumathy

All the Best Kinjal.
    Hope you will get good follicles in rught side too this time.

Baby dust to you.

10. sneharam123

sneharam123 New IL'ite

fallopian tube blockage

i have a fallopian tube block .if the block is removed will i get pregnant can anyone help?