Any specific pooja to be done for having children

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by hopeforgood, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Hello

I have observed that wheenever me and myhusband plan to have kids always we end up with one or the other hurdle..like arguments or fights...or some kind of misunderstandings and that ovulation cycle passes by..again we both get back and patch up but right again during the time of ovulation cycle...we fight...sometimes I feel as if its a curse...or some kind of fear i am having...we have been married for 2 and half years..

Could anyone suggest any pooja or mantra or remedy to conceive a child and have kids and have domestic harmony and which unites couples..please let me know...I would be very much greatful and thankful to all of you ladies..(I am a telugu brahmin)

Thanks inadvance!!Bow

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Hope for good,even I am in similar state. I turned 30 15 days back and when ever I think to have a baby.I end up postponing it due to finance problems or my husband's job problems. I have now left it to God,when the time comes he will bless me with a baby. I have been married for 5 yrs.

3. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Chocolate

One of my friend told me to do shashti pooja for 5 weeks and donate silver snake idols to a priest (the donation can be done by our parents also in India on our name..as sometimes its difficult to follow such customs in US)...shashti pooja to be done after the full moon or pournami...start with the first shashti thiti or star after the pournami and do the pooja to nagaraja and offer milk to him at home...and thus do pooja for 5 weeks and also recite subramanyashtakam during pooja...and after 5 weeks we can do the donation...and mostly my friend and her mom told me that its very powerful pooja and after 5 weeks one would surely conceive so have faith and go ahead and try to do that pooja..and paralley we also have to read the guru charithra or dattha charithra....paarayanam or reading and completing it in 7 days..(sapthaaha paarayanam).....I am also planning to start it this month....and i heard if wife and husband perform milk abhishekam to lord subramanyeswara swamy..he is the giver of sons and unites couples...so if possible try to get that pooja also done...if possible..

however I was just wondering if anyone has any other views or poojas they know so that people like us can perform the poojas...and by gods grace have kids...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  4. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hopeforgood and Chocolate,

Prayers help a lot, sp. Shashti vritham.
    If keen u can follow some Feng shui tips too.

If keen, let me know, and I will mail u.

5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Yes, even I have heard that practising Shashti pooja is very powerful / beneficial in ladies conceiving. Saw in a TV channel too, where one religious scholar was talking about Tamil proverbs --- one such popular proverb is " Sattiyil irundhaal dhaan agappaiyil varum" which translates as Only if there is food in the pot, will you get food in the ladle. But he said this was not the original proverb !!

It seems the original one was " Shashtiyil irundhaal, garba payil varum " which means If you fast/pray during shashti, your womb will be filled . Apparently even long ago in times of our forefathers, childless couples used to follow this ritual .

Lord Muruga will most definitely bless his devout children and fulfill all their desires. All the very best wishes to hopeforgood, chocolate and all other friends awaiting motherhood.

6. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

ANK

couldyou please let us know the procedure for shashti vratham....and also the fengshui tips ...we are not able to send any private messgs anymore.

Thanks inadvance..

7. Ashritha2008

Ashritha2008 New IL'ite

HI...i would be really grateful if any of you learned ladies can help me with knowing abt shasti puja and how to perform the same...

i really need it and as i'm a new member dont have PM messaging etc...so pls be kind enough to post in here...i'm eagerly awaiting your reply...

pls help me..

Also pls tell me when to perform this puja...any specific day and other details..

cheers and thnks very much in advance...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  8. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi HopeforGood,
    I dont know any prayers for concieving.Im telling u what my MIL used to tell ladies who havent conceived inspite of clear medical history.First Pray u r husband and then u can pray God to bestow a child..I dont mean to hurt u ..but my point is Y dont try to avoid arguments during u r cycle and be happy instead of causing hurdles..Its in ones hands to succeed.All the best.

9. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Supriya

I was really hurt after I read your post...I wrote a very big answer for you..however to cut it short this is what I have to reply to you...

I am in this relationship called marriage...As I still RESPECT & LOVE my husband...am trying my best to make my marriage work...and am seeking gods grace and blessings

10. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Ashritha

Please read my above posts where I have given the shashti pooja procedure that was given to me by my friends mom...