Any Pointers to Apollo hospital for delivery

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Hyderabad' started by Pallavi_K, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Pallavi_K

Pallavi_K New IL'ite

Hello Everybody,
    I am 20 weeks pregnant and go to Apollo hospital for regular check-ups. But I am not sure how the option of Apollo hospital would be for delivery.
    I have heard that Fernandes hospital is a good option.

Please do suggest your views regarding both the hospitals. Any other suggestions will also be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
    Pallavi.

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,

Hearty congrats and my best wishes for you!
    Take care of your health..

Pallavi there is already one thread opened on this topic of Good Gynacologist hospital in Hyderabad so please check that link.

All the best :)

3. Pallavi_K

Pallavi_K New IL'ite

Hi Senorita,
    Thanks for your reply. I did check the link before. I do know about Fernandes but am more concerned about any views regarding Apollo hospital as have been visiting the gynac in Apollo for previous 5 months.
    So if any body has been delivered a baby in Apollo please do share your views. I am more concerned about normal delivery (if there are no complications)

Thanks & Regards,

Pallavi.

4. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Off course Pallavi, Apollo is an multi specialty hospital and more over doctors will be quiet good experts.

But i think in such hospitals they give much preference to cesarean than normal delivery, this only my opinion.

Let's wait and see what others will say!
    Take care..

5. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Pallavi

Congratulations,Regarding Apollo Hospitals for the Delivery,i personally don't have any idea but i can suggest you another hospital,its Rainbow at banjara hills,Rd No 10,they do have prenatal classes,even if you are planning the delivery somewhere else,you can attend the prenatal classes they are offering and clear your doubts.Hope this helps you.

Best wishes,
    Lathaa

6. Pallavi_K

Pallavi_K New IL'ite

Hi Lathaa,
    Thanks for the reply. Actually this is my 2nd kid. I do have a kid of 2 years old. But the first delivery was in Pune and was a normal one. Planning to have 2nd in Hyderabad. But too confused about the final choice of the hospital. As do not want to go for C-Section unless necessary.

I have asked most of the ladies who delivered in Apollo and they did have a c-Section.

So was concerned a bit.

Regards,
    Pallavi.

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,
    My hearty congratulations to you.
    Me too dont have any personal experience but couple of my friends who underwent C-section at Appllo hospitals/jubileehills.
    I heared that they wont wait for the normal process. But the facilities are quite good there. Anyhow, a C-section or a normal is not in our hands and you can't plan it also. It all depends on the Kid's health.

But in my opinion, Rainbow is a very good hospital. I had my delivery there and the doctors especailly Pranathi reddy and Chinmayee, they wait for the process to become normal. They wont go for C-section unless it is very much required.
    Mine was a pretty normal delivery but labour pains of almost 12 hours.

8. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,

Got your point,may its just a coincidence,previously may be even now there is a conception that for normal deliveries the hosps cannot charge much,but for c section they can charge as much as they can,but i personally feel its a misconception as c section depends totally on the condition of the patient mostly,now a days there is a possibility of normal delivery even if the 1st one was a c section(depends on the situation i guess),i heard it over here in hyderabad also.

As it is Apollo is a co operate hospital where they charge nothing less compared to other hospitals and if the doctors are really good then don't worry about it and have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Take care,
    lathaa

9. Pallavi_K

Pallavi_K New IL'ite

Dear All,
    Thanks for your reply. This will definitely help me in choosing the best hospital :)