1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any option for acetone as a nail polish remover

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by shravanicool, Aug 17, 2009.

1. shravanicool

shravanicool Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Whenever I use acetone to remove the nail polish on my nails . My nails often become white and rough for some time . Can anyone suggest me a Gharelu nail polish remover ?

Regards,
    Shravanicool:)

2. keerat45

keerat45 Senior IL'ite

Hey...
    I have something to say...

• Any product containing acetone or methyl-ethyl-ketone (MEK) will remove nail polish. This can include many paint-thinning or removal products, including lacquer thinner. However, these products can rapidly dehydrate human skin, and are highly flammable.

In addition, pure acetone has a flash point similar to gasoline (petrol) and vapours can be ignited by a nearby flame... it can also dissolve lots of common plastics....
    • Consumer nail polish remover is actually 60% acetone. But the remainder is moisturizers and water to reduce the impact on the skin, and to make it safer to use....
    • Polish can also be dissolved with more (wet) nail polish. It is recommended that this be done with clear nail polish, one finger at a time.
    • While DEET, the active ingredient in insect repellent, may also be effective, it is not recommended; it is also very damaging to many household plastics.
    • Another alternative is to use use peel-off nail polish instead.
    also Acetone and alchol Do not peel the polish or your nails will turnbrittle also top of nail may peel off aswell.
    If this is all too much trouble, nail-polish can be simply removed by first wetting the nails with water and then repolishing your nails while they are still wet with the same nail-polish.
    This may have to be done twice according to the strength of the nail-polish.

Hope I have been of some help...
    Regards:)

3. Melveena

Melveena New IL'ite

hi shravani,
    dont know any gharelu nuskas for nail polish remover, but try oriflame nail polish remover. it is truly amazing, removes nail polish with ease and leaves nails smooth. u have to try it to believe it.

4. mrl

mrl New IL'ite

Hi,

Try using Lakme, Its good.....

5. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Lakme has acetone too they dry the nail, try livon, i have been using it since 4 months, dunno if it has acetone, but doesn't dry my nail