Any one taking supplimetns to improve egg quality??

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by twinbabyhopes, May 6, 2012.

1. twinbabyhopes

twinbabyhopes Senior IL'ite

Hi all...

i want to if any one taking suppliments like omega 3 royal jelly folic acid and coq10 and wheat grass or any chinese herbals
    i have seen in many sites they say about these suppliments for improving egg quality and quantity also
    so as i had 2 failed ivf many be bcos of egg factor so i decided to take suppliments before i go for next ivf
    please share if u are taking and let me know if it really helps
    thanks

2. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi twinbabyhopes, I was taking royal jelly, selenium, Zinc, Maca powder, Manuka Honey to improve egg quality. I was on unexplained infertility category so it was purely my thinking that thee might help, you can understand I was trying all possible way to get pregnant. Also I was taking folic acid but I stopped everything 1 week before(strict instuction from the doc and hubby) the IVF procedure started and took only folic acid which is required in order to avoid the nerural defect in the baby.

coq10, selenium are definitely good to improve egg quality... if possible try to eat those foods which has these vitamins..... do not foget to drink water 2-3 ltr everyday.... eat soaked almond in the morning.... it has got loads of vitamin......

All the very best for your next cycle...... :)

3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi TBH,

I don't know if the following really helped improve my egg quality, but I was diagnosed with oopause (poor ovarian reserve) in Feb 2011 and I conceived naturally 10 months later. Under the consultation of Dr.Malpani (I sent him my test results online and he gave me some free advice!), I took the following:

1. DHEA (not to be taken for more than 4 months)
    2. CoQ 10
    3. Wheatgerm capsules

Apart from this, I was also taking some homeopathic medicines, folic acid, and omega-3. I would have taken all of these supplements for about 6-7 months on the whole. I was very regular with the DHEA and the folic acid tablets though. Hope that helps!

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi CJ

can you share the names of the homeopathic medicines...

and when did u stop having the supplements

5. twinbabyhopes

twinbabyhopes Senior IL'ite

Hi cj1980
    please let me know the dosage of all the supplemetns u were taking

thanks pumpkin 01
    let me know the dosage of ur supplements
    and also share ur ttc journey if u dont mind
    thanks

6. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Before I share the dosage, I would like to reiterate that these were prescribed by Dr.Malpani after going through our medical reports. Please DO NOT take them without consulting a doctor, especially the DHEA medicine as it can have adverse effects if it is not meant to be taken by you. Okay, here is what I took:

DHEA - 25mg thrice a day
    Wheat germ - daily (I think I bought a 340mg bottle)
    CoQ 10 -100 mg daily

I cannot provide the homeopathic medicine details as it was custom-prepared by the doctor based on our medical reports. It was basically medicinal drops that both my DH and I added to some water and took thrice a day after meals.

I took these medicines and vitamins until August 2011, after which I stopped. I did take the DHEA tablets regularly up to four months, beyond which the doctor advised me to stop. I conceived naturally in November 2011.

7. vkonda

vkonda New IL'ite

Hi CJ,

How much was your AMH in Feb 2011? I have 1.1 ng/ml. I had 1 IVF and 1 FET failure.
    I consulted Dr. Malpani in 2009 for second opinion before going to IVF. He said we do not have any problem.

When I consulted an RE in NY she said I have slight diminished ovarian reserver in left ovary. She said she can correct this with IVF and make IVF successful. But I am really worried abot IVF success, because I already went through it.

Please let me know what was your AMH level.

8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi there, my AMH level was 1.90 ng/ml, which fell in the 'low fertility' range. The doc I consulted at that time said IUI will be of no use and that I have to go straight away for ICSI and that too without delaying even for a month or else I will have to go for an egg donor! Anyways, I waited on God and prayed He will give me a miracle. I came across Dr.Malpani's website and asked for a second opinion through his free consultation on his website. Got a response immediately, saying I can try IUI for 3 cycles and then think about IVF. He prescribed the above medicines that will improve my chances of success in IUI/IVF. I simply went one step further and decided to try naturally as I took these medicines/supplements. That's my story.

9. harini1986

harini1986 Junior IL'ite

i have been givein ovacare forte by my doc... hope this helps

10. silentlotus

silentlotus Senior IL'ite

I was also given ovacare (it contains dha as well as CoQ10). i used to take them from cycle day 1 to cycle day 15 ie till ovulation for my every cycle. Apart from that took dhea 25mg/per day for 3 months(To protect the ovarian reserve). Apart from that i used take folic acid 5mg regularly.