any one from seoul,south korea?

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by GeethaVani, Dec 16, 2006.

1. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

hi all,
    its really good to know that there are many indians staying in korea, but frankly speaking we lack communication.
    let me introduce, i am Mohammed Rizwan working as a professor and R & D associate in seoul. i am working here from last 1.6 years. if anyone needs any information or help dont hesitate to contact me. i really feel happy to meet indians that to so far from our country. nice to meet u all.

2. dips2178

dips2178 New IL'ite

Hey all,

I am Deepa from Bangalore. My husband has got a job in Seoul and will have to start in Sep 07. I am very apprehensive about moving to S Korea .. It will be very nice if I can make Indian friends there with children. I saw Swapnavathe is going there .. Are there Indian get togethers and organisations there so we can pass time ? I will be full time housewife there and my husband maybe very busy ... I am a Computer Science Engineer and can speak English, Hindi and Kannada fluently. My husband has got job in Samsung. Are there many Indians in Samsung in Seoul ?

Any response is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
    Deepa.

3. jayavelk

jayavelk New IL'ite

Hi Geetha,
    How long you are staying in korea?

Jayavel

4. andolan

andolan New IL'ite

hiii geetha

im ashwini. we just moved to seoul last week...i live in hannam dong....Please private message me.

get in touch asap!!!!!

5. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

Hi Tamilarasan,
    The offer which you got is sufficient for you to live in korea (rather i consider it is a good one),,, regarding your kid education there are some international schools so you dont have to worry about the kids education. I wanted to ask you whether your kids education expenses are included in your salary or it will be considered additional to your salary. If it is considered additional then I personally consider it is good offer. But i want to remind you that the education expenses in korea is very high.
    Regarding your tax, it depends either you are getting salary according to korean laws or US laws as you will be working in US MNC. If it is korean law then your tax will be returned at the end of year.(this also depends on on visa type).... I can give my examples that I am a professor, so my tax will be returned at the end of every year.
    There is tax exemption of US$1000 per person and upon that you can claim for your expenses,,, I can guide you on that if you are interested. As you and your kid is coming here so you get US$ 2000 tax exemtion. Rest there are many ways to exempt your tax. hope this information helps you, if you need any more clarification you can contact me. have a nice day.

6. queenindus

queenindus New IL'ite

hi, this ezhil. am in seoul south korea. Anybody is here in seoul? pls let me know. i want to make friendship.

7. queenindus

queenindus New IL'ite

hi, this is ezhil from seoul, south korea. Am very happy to see u in this site.

8. sonylizz

sonylizz New IL'ite

Hello friend,

I am Sony Francis, a graduate engineer from Kerala, currently working in Kuwait. I am travelling to Seoul by the end of this month (August, 2008). I dont know Korean Lnguage, Places, etc. And I dont have any friends, relatives, etc......!!!
    Now I am crying......

Pl give me some tips.....

:wave Sony :wave

9. kalpana.m

kalpana.m New IL'ite

hi all,

this is kalpana new member of indusladies.iam searching for some indians to make friends.waiting for the reply
    bye

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear all,

i visited Seoul in 2006 for a conference it is a very beautiful city the only problem is language learn the language and you will make friendsfast i heard there are alot of indians there.Seoul has good transportation systems and it is so clean, would love to visit it again if given a chance

alpa