any one from seoul,south korea?

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by GeethaVani, Dec 16, 2006.

1. GeethaVani

GeethaVani New IL'ite

hi all,

this is geetha from seoul, south korea.till date I didn't find any Indian living in korea in this site.I'l be grateful if any member is from that place n let me know of it. I would like to make friends with them apart from other members.

bye,
    geetha

Similar Threads
    1. shravs3
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Caide
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. bron
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

geetha
    good to know u are in seoul .i used to stay there ,there are many indians staying there and there in one yahoo group indiancommunityinkorea and one more for ladies also indianladies insuwon if u feel like u can go there and can log in there also.
    bye

1 person likes this.
  3. swapnanawathe

swapnanawathe New IL'ite

hi, this is swapna. my husband is in a govt job and we will be coming in daejeon metropolitan city in sept 07. it was a relief to be able to connect with a fellow Indian after a long search. I would like to know more about the place and your experiences in this country if you can share. how long you have been there? It will be nice to keep in touch with you hope you feel the same.:-D

1 person likes this.
  4. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

hi,
    how are u swapna? u will find many indians in daejon and indeed its very very good place and u are coming at very good time u will find korea at its best shape as it is spring time and i m sure after few days of coming u will definately fall in love with it.and never want to leave that place .

well if u want to know indian there just click the link below.

indianscommunityinKorea : Indians in Korea

Daejeon_India_House : India House at Daejeon, Korea.

bye take care and best of luck.

5. swapnanawathe

swapnanawathe New IL'ite

hi ruchvarsh, thanks for a reply. grate relief to hear something positive. thanks for the links. how long you have been in seoul? was there any language problem in day to day dealings? as of now i think language is going to be a biggest hurdle in surviving. what was your experience? were you working? i think too many questions hope you don't mind.
    bye.:-D

6. GeethaVani

GeethaVani New IL'ite

Hi Swapna & Ruchvarsh ,

Thanks for nice responce.I really felt very happy to see your postings.Swapna, as Ruchvarsh said there are so many Indians here. I live in Seoul with my husband and my 3yr old kid.it's very nice place. I came here last november and as you are planning to come here at that time, do't forget to bring tharmal wear and winter clothes.But you have to buy lot of winter stuff here as it will be very cold in spring and it'll be snowing.

Ya..language is a big problem here but you find lot of Indian restaurants and foreign food marts where you can find all Indian grosaries.

If you are a vegitarien, then it'll be difficult for you to eat outside.'coz I'm facing the same problem.Except this everything is very good here..just like in US.

Oh! it seems my mail became very big.:) Next time I'll give you lot of information.

Bye dear.

Geetha

7. swapnanawathe

swapnanawathe New IL'ite

hi Geetha,
    nice to here from you. I had heard a lot about the winter and was aware of the need of thermal wear, but as you mentioned that i will still need to buy it there, how expensive the city is? because what knowledge i had about seoul or korea is that it is very expensive. also i heard that i need to get a stock of groccery and spices that we need. my family is also vegeterian. i've two kids aged 6 and 3. that is why iam also wondering how well they will adjust there. anyway it was a great relief reading your reply. it is becoming too long. i would like to keep in touch with of you.:-D

8. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

hi,
    yes in starting u will face language problem but after sometime u will get use to it and in daejon some church teach korean langauge free of cost(i ve heard) i wasnot working there .
    bye

9. swapnanawathe

swapnanawathe New IL'ite

hi,
    how far is daejeon city from seoul? can you frequently visit? how is the public transport?

10. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

hi geetha and swapana,
    how r u? i m good .daejon is not very far if we talk in indian terms but yes by bus it take 1 to1and half hr to reachthere from seoul. some of our frnd use to stay there but now they are back in india.

now i dont stayin korea we have shifted to japan but i can give u informations abt korea .
    bye