Any Maharashtrians in Frisco/Plano Dallas area?

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by ambjoshi, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ambjoshi

ambjoshi New IL'ite

Are there any Maharashtrians in Frisco or Plano area in Dallas? I am originally from Mumbai and my husband is from Pune. We moved recently from New England and would like to connect.

2. nielg1

nielg1 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks in advance

3. ambjoshi

ambjoshi New IL'ite

Hi Neha,
    Nice to hear back from you. I have heard about Praire Creek and Clearwater Creek apartments in Richardson.. good from school perspective as well.

4. nehaguru

nehaguru New IL'ite

Hi Abuja ,
    I called the apartment you mention but the clearwater creek has limited availability for 2 bed where as the second one is sounds little expensive.Do you have idea of any other apartment -plan o and richardson both area would work.One thing I noticed during the search is that no single apartment is providing washer and dryer in the apartment :(.Do you have any idea what range I can expect for good 2 bed apt?

5. ambjoshi

ambjoshi New IL'ite

Hi Neha,
    Welcome to dallas apartment hunting!:) its definitely a painstaking process unless you are lucky to match your budget, commute and apt availability in the first go.
    Long story short, apartment prices will go up depending on whether these following things matter to you: school district, garage/covered parking, gated community or not, 12 mth lease or short one, etc. All these factors up the rent to atleast 1500+. If sch distr and garage are not a huge concern, you can find something between 1150 to 1400 range. This is what i found for plano.
    Richardson. i didnt see much. Altacreek is one i can suggest.
    Plano has zillions of apartments on Preston road. zip codes 75024 and 75093. I'd say decide your commute and then look online in that vicinity or nearby zipcodes. On apartments.com for example.
    About washer dryer.. it seems most apartments have hookups and provide W/D on rental basis for your lease term for extra $40 a month.
    If youre moving from Chicago suburbs you may find the rent to sq feet ratio expensive here.
    Hope this helps!

6. nehaguru

nehaguru New IL'ite

Thanks for your valuable inputs Ambuja.School district is the main concern.Actually Figured out few good elementary schools Stinson,Aldridge in the area and started searching for the apartment depending on that.We are actually moving from Bloomington IL -Earlier 6 month back we were in chicago.