1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any Input On European Formulas?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by GoneGirl, Nov 5, 2016.

1. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

I would appreciate some suggestions. Aside from the overwhelming guilt of not having enough BM to exclusively breast feed the baby, there is the tough job of finding a formula that is good (organic). Most formula in the US seem to have a metallic taste/ smell, although these seem to be the better option, as the others are not FDA approved. Have read some good reviews about holle/ hipp formula from Germany and was wondering if anyone has tried it and is it worth switching.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

2. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Also has anyone tried baby's only organic formula available in US?

Any input would be appreciated.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Frankly, formulas taste terrible to us. Luckily for the infants, they don't know any better and usually accept it when given at the right temperature. so my sincere advice is to not taste it yourself but go with the health care providers suggestion.

In the UK, aptamil is given in the hospitals as that's closest to breast milk.

When i had to top my baby up with formula, I did beat myself up but my mum said something simple but profound - the baby needs to be fed one way or another. it doesn't matter as long as the child is getting what's appropriate for it. Though I was intent on feeling miserable and refused to be consoled then, I'm sure I won't be feeling so guilty with baby 2 if it were the same case.

There is so much bonding to do and it's best we quickly fixed it and moved on from any issues that crop up.

Have fun with your child!

GoneGirl and pumpkin01 like this.
  4. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with OP, the formula milks taste weired to us but they are perfectly fine to the infants .....

There are many brands in UK like Cow & Gate, SMA, Aptamil .... I couldn't feed any BM at all, my baby was preterm and we opted for Aptamil....

GoneGirl likes this.
  5. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks @guesshoo and @pumpkin01 for your input.
    I really appreciate this, made me feel a whole lot better :)