Any Indian ladies in Isleworth/Twickenham?

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by polkadotgirl, Jul 20, 2013.

1. polkadotgirl

polkadotgirl New IL'ite

Hello,

Recently moved to Isleworth. Wondering if any indians are around to catch up

pujaaree likes this.

2. iyer12

iyer12 New IL'ite

Hi! I am based in Isleworth and would like to meet up. Can you PM me?

pujaaree likes this.
  3. mgh

mgh New IL'ite

Hi,

Me and husband would be moving to london next month. We were thinking of finding a house in isleworth/twickenham.If you can share your experience about finding a house and rents, expenses there.
    It would be of great help

4. polkadotgirl

polkadotgirl New IL'ite

Hello Iyer12

Thanks for the reply. I dont think I can PM as it says I need to have posted atleast 10 times. Hmm anyway, whereabouts in Isleworth are you?

5. polkadotgirl

polkadotgirl New IL'ite

HI Mgh

Glad to hear you are moving this side. Its a lovely area as its very close to St Margarets, Twickenham and Richmond like 5-10 min away so very nice to be as a family/couples I would say. We have been in London for a while now- although we recently moved here, happy to say we have settled in quite well already -been about 3 months now. We live in a 2 bed flat of our own. So I dont know about rental prices at the moment, but if you did find any interesting ones feel free to send it to us , my husband and I can help you with decision making as to whether its a good price/ good locality etc etc... And for commutes to London, pretty easy as you have got 3 overground options Isleworth which has fairly good connectivity but not very frequent trains. But there is Twickenham which is probably the best to take as very frequent trains and also fast trains into central. And there is St Margarets which is similar to Isleworth train station as not very frequent fast trains. We live equidistant from all stations and its a bit of walking so most days I get dropped in the station or take a bus just outside which is again quite convenient. In terms of groceries, I havent had any problems anywhere in London to be honest. There is always some where to go. There is a huge Tesco nearby for everyday needs and also there is Hounslow like 10 min away to get Asian veggies and other provisions. So costwise, to be fair, London in general is very expensive as you might know already. But this area is quite decent -- Definietly not at the low end and at the same time not as expensive as Richmond and similar areas. Personally, we like the west more so it might be a little biased :) At the end of the day, you will have to compromise on some aspect or the other. Depends on what each of us want more. Not sure if you have kids, we are looking to start a family soon so researching on that at the moment but in general we have heard that there are many good schools around so we might to have look into details soon. But I see a lot of kids around this area so I am guessing there should be atleast a few good schools around. I hope I have covered most of it. Feel free to ask away for more information -I will try my best to help :) Good luck with the move xx

6. iyer12

iyer12 New IL'ite

Hey polkadotgirl, I live close to osterley. Whereabouts are you?

7. polkadotgirl

polkadotgirl New IL'ite

Hi

We live on twickenham road. We are from chennai and live as a couple. How about you?

8. mgh

mgh New IL'ite

Hi Polkadotgirl!!

Thank you so much for the information.It was really helpful.Wanted to ask you one more thing
    Are you working there?? We are moving there in about 2 weeks.I have 5 years of experience in testing
    with dependant visa? what do you think are my chances of getting a job ..Thanks !!!

9. polkadotgirl

polkadotgirl New IL'ite

Hi Mgh

Yes I am working at the moment. Although, I am not into IT- I can say that the companies are hiring alot right now. Again, i cannot guarantee you will get one straight away (but you never know if you have the luck and skills you might get one as soon as you come) but I would suggest you be prepared to wait and have a lot of patience. It will be a good time for you to explore the new area and get to know the place and people while you wait to get one. so be open-minded and don't stress yourself with the job thing because there will be a lot to get done when you move in which is stressful enough. I hope you settle in well and find a job quickly. Good luck with everything.

10. polkadotgirl

polkadotgirl New IL'ite

Helo Iyer12,

Have you been busy? I am still unable to send PM can you try and send me one pls