1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any I Lite near selaiyur.. east tambaram chennai.. to join with me for weightloss??

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by amunique, Feb 10, 2012.

1. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Re: Any I Lite near selaiyur.. east tambaram chennai.. to join with me for weightloss

Hi Alpa,
    I am confused, as to how to start Gym.. i had joined power yoga some months back but i was not regular at it.. so i am now confused whether to continue this or join gym..
    please advice
    also, i follow a south indian diet.here goes,
    mrng - milk and idly 3-4
    lunch- rice, veg/non veg curry, curd, papad
    dinner - same as bf or rice with curry
    nothing much.. and offlate i have been skipping breakfast etc..
    please guide thanks!

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Any I Lite near selaiyur.. east tambaram chennai.. to join with me for weightloss

aminique,

if you are inconsistent with the gym and your office hours does not give you the flexibility, best is to start with something you can do anywhere..for me what worked was leslie walk at homes..i could do it anytime, any day and anywhere (in the sense even if i was out of station..)..since you are 80, i would suggest start with simple walking, move to other exercises slowly..

and keep watch on that diet.do not skip breakfast. and do not have full meal boths lunch and dinner..add more fruits and vegetables..when i say more fruits and vegetables it does not mean you have to spend too much on them..pick up that papaya, melon, watermelon, which are affordable..add lots of vegetables and reduce the quantity of rice..it is a habit you have to cultivate..

chew your food well, allow your mind to understand what you are eating, relax, sit and enjoy your food. we eat more when we are on the go..

all the best..

1 person likes this.
  3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Shanvy,
    Thank you so much..
    Yes i would first do walking even before that i would cultivate the below habits.
    1.Get up early - 6 tp 7 hrs of sleep is sufficient
    2.start walking - aim for 15 mins initially nonstop
    3.Include one bowl of boiled veg and one bowl of fruits thereby reducing rice and satisfying hunger
    4.after a week, start yoga and aim for 30 minutes

Alpa, Shanvy and other Ilites do add your suggestions please
    Anyone wants to join me are most welcome :)
    Am waiting ........

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Amunique,
    i agree with shanvy, also eat what you want but in small portions the days you want to have rice then do have chappati, if you are eating a bowl of rice reduce to half bowl, gradually reducing to 1.4 bowl, have rice twice a week.
    Have your fruits an hour after or an hour before your meals and also have them as a snack too. have a good breakfast, do not skip breakfast, for dinner have one chappati or one idli, your dinner should be light dear. have oats for breakfast, even cereals, start your day with a bowl of fruits then proceed to have breakfast.
    Start walking, do brisk walking, start your yoga again and be consistent, you can start gym too if you want, since you are working shifts plan your schedule and if you are working from afternoon, go to gym in the morning from 8am to 9am then come home and eat.if you are starting gym then do aerobics it will help you to lose weight, if you have started yoga please do that it will help you too.
    You have to be comfortable on what you want to do.For me both are good
    start taking small meals and eat frequently, reduce your oil and sugar intake. Reduce your papad intake, its not good to have papad everyday
    drink at least 2 litres of water, warm would be good.
    I totally agree with Shanvy.
    love
    alpa:cheers

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. geeven

geeven Junior IL'ite

Nice to see your reply Alpa.

I am a south Indian and a working woman. From childhood i used to have rice at morning . (8.00 am in the morning in weekdays around 10.30 a.m in the weekends)
    For afternoon lunch at office - two chapatis along with one subzi (1.00 p.m)
    For dinner around 8.00 p.m - three idlis / dosas / chappatis and little bit of curd rice.

i usually gets up at 5.15 a.m and prepares food and give breakfast and lunch for my DH and Two children and will be back around 6.30 p.m.

I don't know how to squeeze the time for exericises.

pl help me out.

looking for your reply soon.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Starrting new threads is easy aminique, but to keep people committed is tough..do join one of the already established threads like weight loss 2012, where alph diligiously gives her opinion on your diet and also other friend keep motivating you.. you also will be forced to think that you need to reply to others..

3 people like this.
  7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Geeven,
    I can see a lot of rice. you need to reduce your rice intake and i need to see what you eat through out the day, please post your diet so i can see it. If you do not have time to exercise i suggest that you go for 20 mins brisk walk everyday, is your work far from home, if not then carry your working shoes in a bag wear your trainers and walk briskly to work, or in the evenings try to walk for 20 mins fast with your child.
    love

8. geeven

geeven Junior IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I am trying to reduce my rice intake. Inbetween meals i will not have anything. whenever i feel like munching or hungry i'll drink water. i will not even take biscuits. during weekends around 4.00 p.m i used to take fruits. This is how my diet pattern so far.

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Geeven,
    please snack, whenever you feel like snacking have a snack like an apple or salada, carrot or cucumber do not go hungry. Please snack and yes reduce your rice intake.
    love

10. geeven

geeven Junior IL'ite

Thanks for your advice. will defintely trty to follow.