Any experience switching to Apple?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by akalya, Mar 24, 2008.

1. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My husband is very interest in buying an Apple computer as he thinks it is much better than a PC. I am worried about the compatibility issues. I tell him that he will come to know about the issues only after he buys and experiences the Apple computer, but he is so fond of Apple and wants to buy it. Anyone have experience switching from PC to Apple? What are the issues you overcame? Broadly, anyone using apple in this group and what are your recommendations? Thank you everyone for your input.

2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi Akalya,

I am an Apple user. Since I am media related person, I need to stick to Apple. Right now I have Apple Mini Mac at my home.

It is nothing but a different operating system. In PC it is Windows and in Apple it is Mac OS.

At the beginning you will find it less difficult to get used to Mac OS. Since the windows and the navigation is something different from PC. But the basic applications like MS-Office, Text, Media Player are almost similar that of PC.

Apple computers are extensively used for video related applications. You can even edit a movie with a specific application in Mac.

Once you get used to Mac, you will love using it and will never look back for PC. Moreover every year there is something or other new coming up in Apple and it would be a real thrill to know about the inventions.

The most appreciated technology in Apple is the "fire wire technology". You can connect an "external hard disk" using this fire wire port. And the data transfer between the main had disk and the external hard disk is very speedy.

You can also connect "external CD and DVD" writers to your Mac machine using this fire wire technology. And if you buy a Mac Machine with the DVD Writer inbuilt, then it is called a "Super Drive".

Apple has introduced a Mac Machine which is also a PC. You can switch over to both operating system "Windows" and "Mac OS" . You can find it in the site "Apple.com".

Any other queries regarding Apple, feel free to ask.