Any clarification plz...on kg1 admission age in indian schools of dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by sania2012, Oct 12, 2012.

1. sania2012

sania2012 New IL'ite

My child is completing 4yrs as on 21 april 2013....the cutoff date of admission for kg1 is 15 april of that academic year. She just missed by 6 days.
    When i tried to fill online registration form,it's not accepted and says she's under-age.does it mean that i have now no option than to admit her in nursery...can anyone pls suggest some good nurseries in bur-dubai area. Also pls try to help me suggest what should i do in such circumstances of age problem...pls anyone suggest who has gone as the same problem as mine.....heard abt september admissions plz clarify

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

2. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sania,

Is Your child completing 3 years or 4 years on April 21st?

Regards,
    Ansu

3. sania2012

sania2012 New IL'ite

She is completing 4 yrs. on 21st april 2013.
    Ansu i think admissions for KG1 is FULL in all major indian schools. Can you please guide me to any new junior school in Bur-Dubai or Karama area where i can get admissions now.
    I will be so grateful if you help me on this.
    Hoping for your earliest reply.

Sania

4. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sania,

Cut off age for KG1 in CBSE is 3 years by april 15th.

No dear... as far as i heard , only dps sharjah has closed admission for kg1. Admissions are going on in some of the schools and few will only start by nov.

Keep on checking the school website in which you are planning to put your kid.

Regards,
    Ansu

5. kanchanbish

kanchanbish New IL'ite

Yes the cut off age for KG 1 is 3 years and not 4 years by 15th april. So you can get admission for your child. Registrations are going on in some schools like JSS private and JSS international.You can regiter there online. DPS has not yet started registrations. I think it will start in nov.

Kanchan

6. meFatima

meFatima Junior IL'ite

All the best.....

Runnnnnnnnnn....

7. Achuss

Achuss New IL'ite

Hi all, I am confused..... My son was born on June2013. As per the rule( before July 31 2017) he is completing 4 yr on June2017. But he is not much active and not self assured. So we decided him to take kg1 in next yr. Is there any prblm for next yr, Next July he hv 5 yr and 1 month(july 2018). Is he get admission for kg1 in next yr?

8. Semsel

Semsel New IL'ite

Hi Achuss, My son is of same age.. He was born on June 30, 2013. We are trying for admission, but no confirmations yet. I don't think there will be a problem if you are trying for next year...Lets see opinions from others.
    May be you can put him in playschool, so he will get used to the school environment. We used to send him to a nursery and he has shown lots of improvements

9. Achuss

Achuss New IL'ite

Thanks Semsel for ur reply. Yes, we decided to send him nursery next month. We searching best nursery..Do you know best indian nursey near Rolla Sharjah

10. Semsel

Semsel New IL'ite

sorry dear.. I stay in Dubai.. hope Ilites from Sharjah can help u out