Anxious to get pregnant

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by bellefille, Jan 16, 2012.

1. bellefille

bellefille New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been married for 5 years now and have been trying to get pregnant for the last year unsuccessfully. I am 27 years old and weight 110kgs.

I had irregular period cycles (almost 45-50 days apart) and thats to my weight, I have a little high insulin which is making it more difficult for me to lose weight :(

Now I have been consulting a gynec and I am going through follicular studies and now am on Siphene 50mg (this is my first month)

All my other tests have come normal and the only other medicine I have been taking is glyocmet for the insulin (twice a day)

Could you please let me know how successful siphene is and given what I have written what are my chances of becoming pregnant.

There is lot of tension at my house with husband and in laws and even I dont have anyone to talk to.

Look forward to your support, encouragement, help, and advice.

Thanks so much,
    R

2. vldelhi

vldelhi Senior IL'ite

hi

siphene 50 mg is a starting dose for any infertility treatment ......weight is almost the main cause for the pcos and irregular periods try to eat healthy and do some excercise ...this will help you a lot in conceiving .....siphene make you ovulate every month and there are 10 % more chances than normal try...good luck to you and try to stay stress free as much as possible...stress can give adverse effects on treatments.....

3. devilaksh

devilaksh New IL'ite

hi,

I can find your history the same as mine. dont worry

i had weight problems i was 80 before conceiving, the main problem is weight. look for the ways to reduce weight

i will tell you some suggestions i have reduced my weight to 60 within two months ( but now again after two kids i am 80 again)

first step i took was morning and night eat wheat dishes or oats. then i went for walking more than 1 hour, try asking your doctor about glyciphage ( weight reduction and controls sugar). my doctor suggested to take it till i get pregnant. consult about it . dont take it without any doctor suggestion

then i went for yoga and meditation class. believe it or not all these techniques tried for 2 months. i lost 20 kg. i got conceived the next month.

usually inlaws problems will be there for all women. But keep in mind when it gives tension and anger and when you cant express it to anyone, it affects your harmone. Harmonal imbalance will also postpone the chances of getting pregnant.

so try to be relax or do some meditation. whenever you have problem dont put in your mind and always think about it. think that it will change your harmone so you should never think about it.

The words you have chosen to express your difficulties are the same as mine (before getting kids). i was expecting some consolation from someone or some solution. luckily i have crossed everything

i will do whatever i can to give you some encouragement. dont worry dear. everything will be fine. you will be happy with your child

please dont put tension in your mind and worry about all the things. first aim is your baby, if it is there everything will be fine. so aiming for your baby try losing weight and practice meditation

my prayers will be always there for you

god be with you

take care

3 people like this.
  4. bellefille

bellefille New IL'ite

Hi devilaksh,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am doing all I can to reduce weight. Yes, I am already taking glycomet for the insulin thingy, else even weight reduction will be a problem. The problem is I am working and its so difficult to all my work and home stuff at the same time. Tension is a cause too and I just dunno what to do!

But I am praying and hoping everything will be alright. Thank you so much for your reply. It made me feel much better.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

5. DurgaPooja

DurgaPooja New IL'ite

Hi R,

I am sailing in the same boat.
    I was married in 2010 and trying for a child since Jan 2011. No success till now.
    Am the eldest of all three daughter in laws in the family. My bro-in-law's wife just delivered a baby this Jan and all were so happy. They kept on mentioning the fact that she gave the first child to the family. I am so tired of listening this crap. I am working and have no time.
    They all stay in Hyderabad and we stay in b'lore. Every now and then they organize some function for the child and invite us. And everytime I go there, everyone will ask me when will I deliver one. I am so frustrated.
    Am taking Eltroxin 100 mg for hypothyroidism, Metformin 500 mg (2 times a day), Folic Acid, Ovacare and Duphaston (from day 16-25).

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Relax Durga! Try to avoid some of the simple or small functions, that might help you a bit!
    Stress won't help you in conception process, try to avoid it!
    Hope soon you will hold our LO!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

7. devi123kar

devi123kar Gold IL'ite

Dear Bellefille, I think I am the right person to comment on this yes I was 90 Kgs with PCOS TTC for 2 years I had spotting in between a period every time I visit the doctors I used to feel they pick on me for the weight then just to avoid them picking on me I stopped going to the hospital and tried seriously and lost 10 kgs last year and in 2012 Lost 13 kgs which made me 67 kgs a total of 23 kgs. I was in fertility treatments but once when I lost weight boom I conceived immediately. I hate to say it but some how weight and BMI plays a significant role in fertility. Even if you lose a kg it is worth it start with baby steps also nothing can't be done in a day give your best to lose weight. Good luck with your journey.

1 person likes this.
  8. DurgaLaxmi

DurgaLaxmi New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group.I have the same problem.doctor suggested me Siphene 100mg for ovulation.This time my period went on for 12 days. I have a doubt.Can i take Siphene from 13th day or should i start it in the next cycle. Confused.Plz help

Thanks,
    DL