Anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by shravs3, Feb 26, 2019.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I feel very anxious sometimes. I think I worry too much. My brain is thinking about 1000 issues non stop. How to make it calm?
    For some reason I’m scared. I really don’t know for wat?

Sometimes I simply think too much, worry too much. I don’t want to waste my precious time in thinking something which is not useful.
    I know it is affecting my health.
    But how to feel less anxious and less stressed?
    I tried meditation but I really can’t concentrate. Wat are the other ways to feel less stressed and less anxious ?
    I have started yoga recently but I’m not so regular!

Sunshine04 and Anusha2917 like this.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Share your anxiety with a friend / sister / mother/hubby or here in IL. The moment you share it with someone half the burden is lessened. The moment you get some sort of solution/good and positive thoughts from the person you share Bang! the anxiety vanishes. It's the best therapy.
    Alternatively if you don't want to share write it out in a book, paper. In that way it comes out of your mind.. Read it a couple of times and third time you read you would have figured out a solution yourself that it wasn't worth your worry.
    Trust me on this. It has worked for me..

Sinant, girvani, iyerviji and 3 others like this.
  3. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

It's quite normal. Everyone starts that way. It takes time to control the mind but once you get there, it will be totally worth it as it will become your biggest asset, for life. I see you have tried a few options already and you got a few more excellent ideas. As you keep trying, eventually you will find the one that works best for you, run with it.

The one that clicked for me was Power of Now. Whenever we feel anxious, it is either about the future or the past. Catch yourself when that happens and tell yourself, "Wait a second, the past is over, it has no Power in the Now" OR "the future hasn't arrived yet, no one can predict the future, it is pregnant with possibilities". In few days, ideally 21 days, your mind will automatically filter out thoughts about the past and future and you will experience being in the moment fully. Even the sound of water flowing out of the tap will remind you of the sound of music :) or you might just get lost watching a sunset and even write a beautiful poem about it yet again :). If you need a bit more support, you can also consider singing ... The time to be happy is Now and the place to be happy is here!

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Lack of control over what matters in one's own life causes anxiety. Every one suffers this until they work (finagle is perhaps a good word) their way to gain control.

In them old days girls suffered most from this lack of control over their life and future. They were at the mercy of their fathers (who, btw, also controlled their mothers), and then their husbands, and when widowed, they were controlled by their sons. Anxiety throughout their lives.

Fortunately modern women know that their salvation, and the route out of what gnaws their brain about the helplessness, is to get control of their life. Are they independent, even within a married household ? If suddenly they were left to fend for themselves, can they do it ? Most young women are much better prepared than the previous generation. This is good.

Anusha2917 has good suggestions. If accesssible (one can never presume access is a given) a husband is supposed to work toward reducing the anxiety of the wife... and vice versa. One of the easiest way a husband, if the sole bread-winner, can do this, is to transfer the total family income/assets control over to the home-maker wife. This has an immense effect on reducing the anxiety of the wife. Another action is to work together to create adequate insurance protections for wife and children. A financial planner (or even browsing/researching on google together) consultation together can work to reduce the anxiety.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Anusha2917, shravs3 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3

Disappointments, anxiety and stress are common outcomes when there is a mismatch between our expectations vs realities, when our life is at other's mercy, when we are impatient with the pace of life and so on. Learn to deep breathe, try autosuggestion of positive affirmations, try positive visualisation and try to gain some control over your life ie., empower yourself. Reread my post Mental Health: Coping With Lows. and see if something enlisted there would work for you at this stage of life.

All the best.

Sinant, iyerviji, Anusha2917 and 3 others like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3 When you feel down hear music,read books or do some crafts to keep aside your anxiety.you are the master of your thoughts and keep trying to control some emotions.
    [​IMG]

7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear @shravs3... ..
    We all face anxiety at some point, but how we deal with it makes a world of difference, like our attitudes....
    Listen to nice soothing and relaxing music, talk to people with whom you can say anything under the sun as it is. .. .
    Cook, play with toddlers if you get a chance....
    Visit an old age home, orphanage or an animal society and try to volunteer. .. ..
    Talk, talk and talk a lot about your inner fears and feelings to a dear one

Finally, if none of the above works for you.. .. Ask yourself what, why and for how long are you going to stay in the anxiety zone.... What exactly happens before and after that . .

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  8. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Shrav anxiety is part and parcel of life. The only difference is at different stage of different reasons to get anxiety!!!

I love meditation, but it won't work for me when I am exhausted with anxiety.

I prefer to go for a walk, listening to some music, talk it out to someone positive, write every concern in my mind to the diary. Sometime after writing when I read it again, I feel how silly I am:thinking:. I prefer pranayam. It is more like an action to me but the oxygen which I take inside is helping myself to calm down. Keep some crazy music and dance. Watch some positive talk show else some role models interview how they struggled in life but achieved whatever they wanted. It gives a boost. The whole point is to deviate myself with some actions and sound. Silence doesn't work for me when I have anxiety.

So try different solutions find your own way to deal with it. Make some strong pillar friends. You can't always depend on parents. As time goes you need to be their pillar so better make some good friends support system ( It is a life long worth investment ).

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3
    Just adding a few things to all above worthy suggestions. Idle mind is the devil's workshop so it is good if you join in a job which is full time or part time and make yourself busy. Distract your mind with something always and avoid your thoughts. Do what makes you happy and gives peace of mind. Take Care!

10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

You are right. But I’m already busy with job related so I’m not sure Wats the reason