1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anumantha

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Feb 9, 2018.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The title is no way connected with Lord Hanuman but definitely associated with 'Self confidence' that
    Anchneya possessed.

Very often we are advised that it is an obsession to expect perfection in every field.
    As human beings are not totally perfect, it is desirable to accept imperfection in 'as is where is'
    condition and 'endure what cannot be cured'.This may give peace of mind and relieve us of mental
    tension and anxiety.

This leads to another question.As we go on compromising, no job will be at a desired level and
    may result in inaccuracy and negative results.
    One thing that saddens us is that there is a growing tendency of finding shortcuts to success.
    A few years back, about ten students of different Engineering Colleges in Hyderabad or Patna, I don't remember,were caught in a major 'answer-script' fraud.They had reportedly accessed sealed answer sheets bundles and tried to insert re written answer sheets in connivance with fraudsters in the campus,where answer sheets were kept sealed under lock and key.They have taken so much of pains to commit the fraud in the most perfect manner so as not to be caught? Why couldn't they use the same perfection technique while preparing for the examination.?

There are three types of people.There are cowards, who never start the work,being afraid to face the upcoming trouble.There are people who start but give up in the middle.Only the third type continue amidst difficulties and march towards the path of success.
    The legendary story of Bhageeratha is a concrete example.Our scriptures repeatedly point out to the role of self belief and self esteem.

An important contributor to strengthen self belief is to aim at perfection in whatever one does.Once a visitor saw a workman carving a tiny bird on the top of a tower with perfect accuracy. The visitor was puzzled and said"after all the bird will be at top of the tower and nobody would notice if there is any flaw from such a long distance."
    The artist replied' My conscience sees and God sees,".This urge to set the highest personal standards is the essential key to self growth and achieving what is known as 'Kausalam'in every single action we attempt.

Even today ,we see scientists in 'Space' do aim at 100% perfection to attain safety, security and success at a time.It is evident is some of the film makers.It is high time that success is not that we run into by accident, but the harder you work, luckier you become.
    More often we tend to ignore our 'inner voice' and listening to negative voices echoed by others unconnected with the event.

Bhagavat Gita provides a supreme narration to overcome the 'external voice' syndrome.In Chapter 13, Gita speaks about the internal spectator 'Upadrashta' who is also the permitter'Anumanta'.It is for us to hone our skills to be in alignment with the Spectator-cum-approver' entity present in every one of us.

It is important, Social Psychologists say,to ignore collection of different negative voices and concentrate on your own critical voice.
    The only person that will pull you down is yourself and you cannot be let down by anyone else.

On many occasions we feel that rejection kills our confidence.But it has a positive side too.It can help to steel your resolve and redouble your efforts.India's Metroman Mr. E. Sreedharan is the star example of perfection, efficiency and consistency.He had seen many rejection and road blocks while executing the projects.
    I happened to listen to him once.Strangely enough he brought a spiritual dimension to the metro rail project.Punctuality, integrity, professional competence and social accountability were the cardinal principles on which the project was built.He said that
    the principles laid down in Bhagavat Gita were taught to the employees and every individual connected with the project was handed over a copy of Gita and was asked to get at the spirit behind .

I was amazed when he said" Gita is not a spiritual text, but an administrative gospel"

We may sometimes feel that hardwork is not giving sufficient returns. But ultimately during the time of'grand finale' at the event of success, everyone realises that small small efforts are adding on in invisible ways to the success of the project and that is the power of 'anumantha',the spectator-approver' the driving force behind our self confidence.

Jayasala 42

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

This is the reason why Japan is such a majoer economic power. The Japanese are rather skeptical of super high achievers. they would rather get things done by little bit of effort by lot of pople. There is a Hindi saying boond boond say bantha hai samundar (The ocean is made by lot of little drops of water). Very true.

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42

We may sometimes feel that hardwork is not giving sufficient returns. But ultimately during the time of'grand finale' at the event of success,everyone realises that small small efforts are adding on in invisible ways to the success of the project and that is the power of 'anumantha',the spectator-approver'the driving force behindour self confidence.

You have explained the concept very nicely. Thanks.

4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala amma,

What a motivational snippet with lots of wisdom in it. You reminded me what my father always told us and which I tell to my kids now, 'as long as you do your best according to your capabilities you will definitely achieve what do you want'. This has been my mantra and I am hoping and praying will be for my kids.
    Thank you for bringing up Metro man Sridharan, I do not know about him and I will read about him. Humbly I will add the focus along with his cardinal principles for success. When Steve jobs brainstorm with his favorite whiteboard, he will ask his subordinates to bring 10 items which they should consider next year. After finalizing that, he will only choose three for the implementation and put his focus, effort, and resources to achieve those. After reading your post, I can see how Abdul Kalam, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates.... achieved what they had in these years. Thank you amma for the beautiful post.

Vani

5. jayasala42

Thank you Balaji.True, My mother used to say,we can make hundred by adding one after the other.Definitely japanese are true models.

jayasala42

sindmani and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. jayasala42

Dear Geetha, Thank you so much for the response.

jayasala42

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. jayasala42

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42
    I strongly believe that a man is not distinguished by his perfections as much as by his imperfections. When we see a man who calls himself perfect, we try to avoid him. But we strike an instant rapport with an imperfect man. There is a funny saying I remember here. "The more he talked of his honesty, the faster we counted our spoons!" Bible says that 'perfection is not given to man, it is given only to God'. There is nothing wrong being imperfect provided we are aware of it.

9. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

May I add something to this. No one is completely perfect or imperfect but why there is a level defined by all of themselves and of other. Bhagvadgita too define that all are equal but why can't we live equally. If we are not perfect then why we can't accept other imperfect. If one is educated he will not like to be friend with any illiterate. Some examples may exist but not a common thing. Does that belong to our ego of what we have and other don't have. But when everything belongs to god then we and the other are same. Both of us do not have anything of our own. Still so much of discrimination.

10. jayasala42

Thank you Cheeniya Sir for your kind response amidst your other busy schedules.My agony is if every one starts saying'this will suffice and what we are going to gain by being 100 % correct, there will no effort towards 'flawless' transactions.People would start getting satisfied with blemishes.I feel that contentment does not mean aiming for lesser things and getting compromised for lower achievements.I don't think that any man aiming at perfection is likely to be dishonest.Perfection and honesty are different areas and may not be directly or indirectly proportional to each other.

Jayasala42