Antiphospholipid Antibodies (apla) Test

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by svaac, Aug 17, 2016.

1. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Hi Gals,

As some of here know already , I had a missed abortion earlier this year. The baby had proper growth during my first scan(at 7+week ) . I heard the Heartbeat too. Later when I went in for NT scan around 12 week , they told baby has not grown after 8 week and also the HB has stopped. Since my cervix was closed and there were no signs for natural miscarriage , doc asked me to go for medical abortion.

After this she asked me to take a test for Antiphospholipid Antibodies (APLA). She had not mentioned when but I remember her telling remind me to take this test during your next pregnancy. So I just made a mental note of it and left it. But now a friend of mine tells we can take this test even when non-pregnant and we have to start treatment for this if +ve as soon as I get preggy next time. I am confused. Is there anyone here who has undergone this test. Is it something big. What are the treatments you took after you tested positive for this.

Any success stories of healthy pregnancy with APLAs to boost my confidence please ??

2. shalinis

shalinis Bronze IL'ite

@svaac

APLA is related to autoimmunity.. I mean hyperactive immunity. I dont know much about its relation with pregnancy but the test is a simple blood test in which the amount of aplas are measured.For treatment they may give medicine related to immune supression.. Dont worry and yes this test can be done anytime.

Be calm and take rest.. Sticky baby dust to you

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  3. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite