1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Weight Losing Saga? Naa...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Mar 6, 2012.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

grr.. my tummy is growing larger... and larger.. I look like am 3 months pregnant.

Had few skin problems that I visited the Dermatologist. Finally.. he is one master piece in this field that I no more scratch my hand nor the sun is hurting anymore. His fees is as normal as anyone. But the medicines he has given - # of boxes and its value close to 5K, well, I thought he is suggesting me to start my own pharmacy. Anyway the point is.. he has subscribed che.. prescribed few Omega rich, flax seed oil tablets etc. As a matter of habit, I read through the instructions and the flax seed tablet was saying "controls cholestrol". I was all happy, really. I realized that my waist was gettin into a shape. The dresses showed me indeed structured. I dont know if these medicines are responsble, anyway I like it... I felt very happy and checked with my DH.

"hey.. do you think I have reduced a bit"

Obviously shocked, he starred at me. I corrected myself quickly

"not exactly.. I mean... the waist has come down"

He was still not out of shock. "I dont think so"

"Come on... feel it"

He tried hugging me to 'feel' and admitted it to be true. Cant he stop there??? wont he want his wife to be happy. as usual in his own way he continued

"yeah looks like you have reduced on the waist side... but look at your tummy.. i think the waist part is slowly shifting and all are accumulating towards tummy" and laughed out loud.

che!! I continued the weight losing... yoga.. walking... climbing 3 plights of stairs... gasping at the end of it!!! So I kind of started avoiding junk foods (read my favourite foods... viz chocolates, sweets, cakes, bajjis, pakoras, chips, lays, ice creams, boo hoo)

My mom visited last week and of all the things she bought me my fav. palgova (milk sweet) and then some lotus shaped cute little cashew sweets. They were too adorable to ignore. My DH and DD teased me and took lion's share of that green and red colored cutie. I didnt want my mom to feel bad. So I took one and a half :biggrin2: Come on, on usual days I would have emptied the box and so much improvement... give me a break.

Usually I take chocolates post lunch... just like that.. I cut it off. Then my grandma gave my DD some chocolates and this one attracted my eye - "5 Star Crunchy!" 5 star itself is enough to take out my tongue. 'Cruchy'? Did it say 'crunchy' I stopped myself from opening it. I ignored the damn bar and god knows what had actually happened to it.

Yesterday as I opened the freezer of my fridge, there it was sitting! Cute golden colored 'crunchy' 5 star. I debated within myself

'Come on... dont do it.'

'oh its ok'

'but it is for Chinni'

'I will take only a small bite'

'why would you?'

'it says 'Crunchy'. I want to try this new one'

'ok.. just a bit'

I cracked it open and took a bite. Nothing crunchy.

'uh... let me try another bite'

'what????'

'but I am not yet through the crunchy part'

'but Chinni??'

'well, I will keep half the chocolate for her'

took another bite.. there it was.. some rice crispies buried inside. woooo... the taste just melted in my mouth. The crispy rice flakes were too good to bite. In Hershey's also I used to weed for the red ones just bcoz they are crunchy. Ecstasy!! slurp... I licked my lips.
    Tried another bite

'what about Chinni?'

'I will get her a new one'

and finished the entire pack!!! :thumbsup

Today... 'sure you should get one for Chinni'

'what?? why?? her teeth will get rotten. besides she still have long way to go to try out several chocolates'

So much for a 5 Star...'Crunchy' bar.

[​IMG]

no.. i took only one.. not two!!

PS :
    here is the calorie chart per 37 g (that is the size of the bar that I consumed) if you want -

Energy kcal 184.1
    Protein g 1.7
    Carb g 24.6
    (of which sugars g) 17.1
    Fat g 8.8

not bad huh?

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl

They have added that crunchy layer only to spoil our diet!!!!!:rant

that was before writing the blog.....what about after?????

Humorous post dear.

Enjoyed it...........not the 5star!!!!

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for this nice blog. We all struggle every day on the choices we make especially about what we would like to put in our mouth. When we grow up, many things are changing in us but not our food habits. It is a big puzzle. Remember the ad in which an elderly person remembering the bajji someone made but not her name and his wife scolding him for that.

Viswa

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Tuffy,

Seeing the title I thought you are giving some innovative tips for weight loss but lo had a hearty laugh in the morning itself...:biglaugh

Your DH's comment on your waist size made me :rotfl and your temptation to have the cruncy... OMG I do have this problem when I see sweets....:bonk

Good one Tuffy... keep coming more as it makes our day!!!!

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tuffy,

had a good laugh reading "yeah looks like you have reduced on the waist side... but look at your tummy.. i think the waist part is slowly shifting and all are accumulating towards tummy" and laughed out loud.

I know, MEN.....

but it was damn funny!!

Enjoyed reading :)

Akila

6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

yeah... say that!! :rant

(read in vadivelu style) noooo.. nodaa.. pleese bleeve me!

glad you enjoyed.. the blog! :)

7. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

how true Viswa sir!! yeah.. that ad will make me drool out of hunger pangs irrespective of stomach being full or not. nice ad right!!?? :)

8. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

sardhan! nan tips koduthu nenga weight korachi.. enga...

same pinch!

thank you.. sure will try to give more write ups, in a lighter way

9. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

My dear Akila.. I know you are a regular visitor to my mokkais! thanks a lot for that! :) thanks for the FB and glad to know you enjoyed. and yes... MEN!

10. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl Thanks for the LOL blog!! :)

Waiting for sweets and my parents this weekend :)